We’re looking for an Accountant, specializing in Accounts Receivable, to join the Accounting team at Zapier. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation. Our next Accountant will report to Julia Munoz.
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
Our Commitment to Applicants
Culture and Values at Zapier
Zapier Guide to Remote Work
Zapier Code of Conduct
Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
- You have at least three years of accounting experience under your belt. This isn’t your first rodeo. You likely won’t have dealt with everything you’ll encounter at Zapier, but you have a background of experiences that guide your decision making and you can use that to come up with smart and creative solutions. You have a strong desire to grow into a career path in accounting within an organization where there are lots of opportunities to expand your knowledge and experience. You are ready to jump in and get your hands dirty!
- You are willing to take on any task. Zapier is a fast-growing and nimble team. You’ll be part of an accounting team that has their hands in multiple aspects of the business. You’re eager to take on any project that comes your way no matter how big or how small.
- Your organizational skills are top-notch. You’ll be responsible for multiple projects and tasks at any given time and can keep these organized and prioritized to ensure work gets done and logged. You like to get things done.
- You have strong communication skills. You are comfortable communicating with all levels of the organization, are an expert at communicating with external customers, and respond quickly and accurately to questions directed to the accounting team. You have great written skills to help write and update documentation that is clear, concise, and consistent with Zapier’s tone.
- You’re resourceful. When you encounter a task you haven’t done before, you know how to use Google, your network, your teammate’s knowledge, and whatever other resources available to find a good path forward.
- You have an eye for detail. You love getting into the nitty-gritty, but also have the ability to take a step back and see the bigger picture.
Things You’ll Do
- Respond to Slack messages regarding invoice creation and approval of customer terms.
- Create and send customer invoices in Stripe and document status in Airtable and Slack.
- Respond to customer questions via email.
- Assist our Sales team and respond to their questions in Slack.
- Review bank deposits daily to record customer payments in Airtable and in our ERP system.
- Activate customer subscriptions in our internal revenue system upon payment receipt.
- Maintain customer portals and assist in completing customer onboarding forms.
- Facilitate collection efforts on past due accounts.
- Provide insights and recommendations as we transform our invoicing process from a manual to an automated workflow, including testing as we implement new system automations.
- Create and maintain customer records within our ERP system, Netsuite.
- Help create and maintain process documentation including internal accounting documents and Zapier-facing documentation.
- Provide assistance on various projects, as needed.
The Pay Ranges For This Role Are
United States: 71,000 – 106,500 USD
Canada: 71,000 – 106,500 CAD
The Whole Package
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Annual all-company retreat
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
- While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States.