At Wintermute our mission is to enable, empower and advance the truly decentralized world for more transparent and efficient markets and products. We do this by providing liquidity algorithmically across most trading venues in crypto, supporting all major centralized and decentralized trading venues, AMMs, RFQs, aggregators and chains.
Wintermute’s customer-facing business includes various OTC products such as electronic trading API and single-dealer platform for a wide range of counterparties from crypto native whales to large traditional finance institutions. Wintermute is also providing liquidity for blockchain projects where we support most of the world’s largest and most prominent launches. In addition to providing the best in class liquidity products, Wintermute is actively participating in the building and development of the blockchain ecosystem through investments from Wintermute Ventures, partnerships and co-development with upcoming protocols and incubation of own projects.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable business with a very ambitious vision and roadmap. We manage billions of dollars in assets and trade more than $5B/day. We are backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. We are run as a technology company, not a financial service provider, and we build our culture around core values of ambition, collaboration, entrepreneurship, transparency and meritocracy.
Nature of the Role
We are a hyper-growth startup in one of the most dynamic industries today. We are looking for an experienced Onboarding Specialist who has in-depth expertise of customer KYC/AML due diligence processes using risk-based approach, and be well versed with both legal entities and individuals onboarding across various jurisdictions. As an Onboarding Specialist you will contribute to both the Operations and Compliance function, where you will be reporting to the MLRO on the oversight of AML/KYC activities.
- Onboarding new counterparties in a timely manner
- Conduct reviews of counterparties’ documentations, and ensure that information obtained is consistent with the Firm’s AML/CTF procedures
- Complete periodic KYC reviews and refresh of onboarding documentations as necessary
- Assist in the management, maintenance and review of appropriate onboarding documentations
- Complete risk assessments for both new and existing counterparties, identifying any potential AML/CTF concerns and escalating this to the MLRO when necessary
- Perform various screenings/checks, including wallet screening, Politically Exposed Persons (PEP), Sanctions and Adverse Media checks
- Analyse counterparty data and generate insights for the business development
- Work with trading and business operations, product and compliance teams to optimize and automate processes and improve counterparty experience
- Investigating and analysing automated transaction monitoring alerts maintained by the Firm to determine whether such transactions may be AML/CTF–related
- As part of the broader Compliance team, provide Compliance support as necessary, by assisting with other compliance projects as assigned
Hard Skills Requirements
- At least 2+ years of financial crime experience. Experience with Elliptic and/or Chainalysis would be a plus.
- Knowledge of UK’s Anti-Money Laundering Regulations and applicable sanctions regime including but not limited to the UN, EU, OFAC and HMT.
- First hand experience running very efficient compliance processes at scale (B2B) including using automation, external tools, etc. Proven ability to see the bigger picture, commercial strategy, understand new functional areas quickly, have a cross-functional mindset
- Strong interest and curiosity in algorithmic trading and decentralized finance
- Owner mentality: you focus on protecting the company from compliance risk while being driven by the best for the company in terms of growth and commercial success
- Proven ability to be both a strategic thinker and excellent at execution and being hands-on; drive to do whatever it takes to get things done
- Sharing Wintermute culture values: determination/ambition and humility; drive to action, ability to both influence others and listen/ learn from others
- Like meritocracy and being ready to be judged by what you deliver (vs pedigree or former experience)
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset; prepared to work non-standard working hours as and if required
- Like working in the team environment, working from our London office.
- A unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing fintech companies globally and to take on personal ownership and accountability
- Very interesting projects in the most dynamic industry: a level of learning and responsibilities that is hard for any law firm or traditional trading company/bank/hedge fund to match
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional yet dynamic, collaborative, entrepreneurial.