Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever.
To create the best experience for our new hire (you?!) this role does require that you are based within -5 / +5 UTC timezones
We are seeking an Invoicing Analyst to join our team. The Invoicing Analyst will be responsible for managing Oyster’s invoicing process, ensuring timely and accurate invoices are sent to clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in finance and accounting, excellent analytical skills, and experience working with invoicing systems.
You will be able to take ownership of the invoicing process and drive process improvements. This position will take a proactive approach and be able to identify areas for improvement and implement changes. The ability to work collaboratively with internal teams and stakeholders is crucial for success in this role.
What you’ll do…
- Manage the invoicing process from start to finish, ensuring timely and accurate invoices are sent to clients each month
- Analyze billing data to identify and resolve discrepancies, errors, or missing information.
- Run advanced reconciliations requiring data manipulation & standardization to identify billing gaps & then work to implement solutions for both manual & automated improvements
- Work closely with internal teams such as product, engineering, payroll operations, customer success, and accounting to ensure all invoicing information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Provide regular reports on invoicing performance to management and other stakeholders.
- Support vendor issue resolution activities by communicating with vendors, conducting root cause analysis, coordinating with internal teams and documenting resolution.
- As a subject matter expert, assist the finance success team in addressing client inquiries
- Constantly seek deep understanding of the business and keep the pace with updates in a dynamic environment.
What we’re looking for 📜
- 4+ years of experience in Finance Operations (including Financial Accounting, Data Analytics, Financial Analysis)
- Active accounting or accounting-equivalent qualification (eg. ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify trends and patterns in financial data
- Experience in using BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, and QlikView for data analysis and visualization
- Advanced Excel abilities (sumif, index match, etc). Experience with Power Automate preferred
- Process oriented with the ability to quickly understand a process & improve upon it
- Exposure operating on tight deadlines & working with numerous stakeholders
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced environment & a passion for learning new things
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and priorities.
You’ll also need…
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language skills
- A passion for Oyster & what we’re building!