Left field labs is seeking a UX Designer to join a vibrant, remote-first, cross-functional team of technologists, creatives and product leads, collaborating in the creation of deeply complicated products that will impact millions of people.
You should be versatile and multifaceted, with a team-oriented mentality and a healthy respect for the role your work plays in the broader user experience. Based within the EMEA region, you would be taking on a contract role with the opportunity to secure a long-term position.
As a User Experience Designer, you will be uniquely positioned to directly engage with communities of people interacting with the product. You will gain insight of their particular needs, help drive design decisions that offer valuable solutions to further the successful integration of the product.
About the project
- Building the go-to internal platform for setting up, managing and running both in-person and digital events
- Your audience is made up of a diverse group of event managers and productions teams that are creating and running engaging, interactive events, as well as the millions of guests around the world who attend these events
What You Will Do
As a designer on the team, your contributions span across the end-to-end design process, and are critical to ensuring we build tools that are intuitive, beautiful, and a joy to use.
- Daily troubleshooting and design problem solving in collaboration with the UX Lead
- Researching the needs and workflows of users
- Explore, ideate and define the experience guests will have attending events. From receiving an invite and registering, through to attending in-person or virtually
- Making use of user-centered methods and approaches such as user journeys, wireframing, prototyping to explore and communicate your designs
- Collaborate heavily with product and engineering teams to solve problems, prioritize features, and ensure delivery objectives are met
- Communicate research findings, design decisions and explorations to the wider team and stakeholders
- Help develop a design system based on Material design, contributing new components, patterns, and interactions
- Meticulous documenting of design solution to support engineers with build specs and functionality
- Quality assurance and user testing to validate design approaches and ensure design solutions are implemented in an intuitive and consistent way
What You Will Need to be Successful
- Minimum 4+ years of experience with web interaction design
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to present design decisions clearly and defend the user experience while negotiating business and technical requirements
- Proven track record of conducting detailed research and producing complex UX solutions, and visual/UI designs
- Comfortable switching between defining high level vision and detailed design work
- Familiarity with Google suite of applications
- Experience and/or understanding the requirements for running events
- Experience working in an agile framework as well as with tech project management. From software like JIRA/Asana/Trello, through to concepts like feature prioritization and estimation
- Experience with accessibility and localization considerations
The salary range for this role is $65,000-$125,000. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Culver City, California. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.