We are seeking an Analytics Engineer to join our Geospatial Data Support team in Berlin. Our team has built a geospatial data infrastructure from end to end to deliver data products in the form of apps, spreadsheets, dashboards and maps to several data consumers such as satellite tasking and product engineers, and customer success managers to understand our satellite collection performance and order fulfillment. This role will support the effort to get our data in shape, ready to be consumed and used by data analysts inside and outside our team.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Build and maintain geospatial data models, made from satellite telemetry to image footprints metadata
- Perform geospatial analysis in order to answer complex questions about the intersection of space, tech, geography and business
- Implement a semantic layer, building dbt pipelines from end to end, ending up with metrics that will be easily consumed by data analysis and applications
What You Bring:
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Analytics and data modeling skills, demonstrated via prior projects.
- Experience with dbt (preferably 1+ years)
- Experience working with git, Gitlab or Github
- Adaptability and openness to changes and challenges
- A positive, can-do attitude to work
- Collaboration with various stakeholders
- Empathy and understanding the data consumers’ requirements
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience working with geospatial SQL functions in PostGIS
- Experience working with spatial aggregations and visualization such as H3
- Experience building semantic data models
- Google Cloud Platform knowledge, especially BigQuery
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Additional company winter holidays and regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment and flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community – one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please… do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.