We are now looking to scale this team up by creating regional teams which mimic this structure across several key time zones to provide more redundancy and a higher level of services to our customers across the world. This role would be in charge of overseeing a regional team consisting of security researchers, technical project managers, and potentially other roles to support the audit process for that team.
What you’ll be doing
As a manager in the Security Services team, you will leverage your experience to:
- Continue building and leading a global team of web3 security researchers focused on blockchain systems including languages, compilers, smart contracts, protocols, and applications.
- Engage with potential clients to understand their pain points and describe potential solutions.
- Oversee proposal development and quality assurance.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and external clients throughout the audit delivery process.
- Oversee the scheduling and delivery of security services to both internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Support a region based EMEA team of security researchers, project managers, and other support roles to maintain their well being, satisfaction and motivation.
- Work closely and report to the Head of Security Services.
- Work with Sales and Growth to attain revenue targets, profitability, and utilization goals.
- Maintain and improve OpenZeppelin customer relationships and customer satisfaction metrics.
- 7+ years of work experience including at least 3 years managing highly technically skilled teams.
- A human first attitude, enabling the members of your team to become awesome professionals.
- Proven experience building productive relationships with customers and partners. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience for solving complex, systemic issues that require creative thinking and solutions.
- Ability to work and adapt in a changing and technical industry and work environment.
- A startup mentality with a bias to action and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Although this role is focused on managing a team of researchers, a technical hands-on background is needed.
- Passion for blockchain and decentralized technologies. Desire to contribute to the growth and security of the open economy. Interest or experience in cybersecurity is a big plus.
Nice to Have
- Experience with smart contracts and thorough understanding of the Ethereum implementation (including its EVM).
- Deep understanding of security threats and how they apply to smart contracts and cryptocurrencies in general.
- Experience with technical code audit services.
- Familiarity with security implications of the Solidity language, EVM bytecode, and common smart contract exploits.
- Experience with cryptocurrencies or decentralized finance.