SMG (Service Management Group) is looking for a DevOps Engineer!
Are you looking for the next professional opportunity that will challenge you and advance your career? Join our team now!
Your day-to-day work:
- Design and build critical tools and automation for application management and operations
- Support Engineering team on application configuration, tuning, and deployment needs
- Performance tune infrastructure and application stacks
- Support capacity planning for a rapidly growing production environment
- Find and test new infrastructure and application technologies to help improve the platform scalability and operations
- Ensure high availability and disaster recovery are in place and provide response to incidents and alerts associated with DevOps
- Continuously analyze, execute, and improve DevOps tools, processes and procedures
- Propose product design features to support scalability, usability, and better performance
- Mentor other team members on the latest technological advances within the current technology used
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Intermediate level experience using Kubernetes
- Intermediate knowledge of general coding languages required (C#, Python, Bash, and Powershell)
- 3+ years of DevOps and/or development experience using Microsoft Azure
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with Linux-based infrastructures (RedHat), including containers technologies
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with database applications such as SQL, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch
- Intermediate knowledge and experience using configuration and infrastructure management tools (Octopus Deploy, Ansible, Terraform, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, and Cloud Formation)
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with commonly used Amazon Web Services infrastructure and patterns
- Advanced knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Advanced knowledge and experience working in physical, virtual, and “cloud” environments
- Advanced knowledge and experience configuring and maintaining application monitoring/trending tools (Prometheus, ELK Stack, Grafana, and CloudWatch)
- Fluency in English
What do we offer to you?
- Fully Remote, infinite contract, fulltime position
- Unlimited PTO
- 14 weeks parental leave
- Diverse, experienced, friendly team which will welcome, support and challenge you
- BYOD – reimburse up to $1500 if you opt to purchase a device (either Mac or Windows)
SMG is a leading experience management (XM) provider, accelerating revenue for restaurants, retailers, and other location-centric consumer businesses by changing how brands act on customer + employee insights. With a rich 30-year history rooted in The Service Profit Chain, SMG is the industry’s only software with a service (SwaS) provider—uniquely pairing an enterprise software platform with professional services to help brands generate new revenue, grow existing revenue, reduce detractors, and drive operational efficiencies.