Help us bring people and businesses together
Our SaaS platform enables multi-location brands and businesses to boost their online presence. From big to small, from Adidas to ZenPark, our client base contains some of your favourite brands as well, we bet.
The Past, Present & Future
In 2013, Uberall was born out of the vision by longtime friends and business partners David Federhen and Florian Hübner. They wanted to bridge the online and offline world more effectively, so companies could generate new customers, build customer relationships and increase their sales. They created a platform that would connect companies with local customers through search and discovery, engagement and conversion.
In July 2021 we acquired one of the most successful location marketing platforms in the US, MomentFeed, and raised a series C funding round of $115m. We plan to seize on this momentum to rapidly expand in North America and become the undisputed global leader in this space. This role is pivotal to us executing on this journey!!
You and us
Over 400 Uberallers, with 50+ different nationalities, live and breathe our three core values:
🌵 GROW TOGETHER
⛰ DEMONSTRATE PASSION & PERFORMANCE
✊ BE BOLD & DRIVE CHANGE
So, what are you waiting for? If you’re passionate, driven, and ready to be bold, we want you on our team! Apply now and let’s grow together.🚀
About the role:
You are a key player in our Uberall People & Culture team, turning our people-first strategy into reality on a daily basis. You make a direct impact on evolving our amazing company culture.
You run a small, global, and professional team that is passionate about Uberallers. As the leader of Uberall’s global People Operations team your work is crucial in ensuring that our 400+ Uberallers across 30 countries can be productive day by day – you and your team provide relevant people services, support, and tools in a compelling and compliant way. Not only that – the foundations you set also help Uberall grow for the future.
Also, you will be part of the Global People & Culture leadership team and be reporting directly to the Chief People Officer.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Define, implement and continuously evolve the full range of Uberall’s employment-related policies & processes in a people-centric way, ensuring we offer a compelling and compliant people experience for Uberallers and are an employer of choice for our candidates
- Build and continuously develop a high-performing team of HR operations professionals around the globe with strong drive and commitment to running excellent global HR operations in a fast-paced environment
- Drive excellence by taking care of the day-to-day and the details in all things employment: Your team is responsible for the employee lifecycle all the way from onboarding to offboarding, including preparing necessary documents in accordance with local labor law requirements
- Plan and execute our ‘annual clock’ of people processes regarding performance, compensation & benefits (even outside of a standard compensation structure), development, and engagement
- Ensure that Uberall maintains accurate and accessible employee data and records and has a powerful toolset (HRIS etc.) that Uberallers love using
- Ensure we run efficient payroll and compelling benefits processes by collaborating effectively with our partners
- Maintain and evolve partnerships with our EOR provider thus bringing to life Uberall’s flexible ways of working, global mobility, and hybrid work culture
- Handle any employment relations matters professionally, swiftly, and in strong collaboration with our legal partners
- Collaborate effectively with other people-centered teams (Talent Acquisition, HRBPs, L&D, Culture, etc.) and stakeholders (Finance, IT, Legal, etc.) to keep shaping powerful moments along the employee journey
You’d be a great fit if you are:
- A true professional
- Integrity – You deeply value professionalism and compliance and know how to apply these principles in a constructive way with business stakeholders
- HR generalist – You know the nuts and bolts of HRM, are likely certified and have spent about 8+ years leading a people operations team in a global growth environment, ideally in a scaleup or global organization
- Applied labor law – You have in-depth knowledge and experience of applied German labor law and/or are versed in working with employment matters across global geographies, in particular, North America and EMEA (e.g. US, UK, France, Netherlands, Spain)
- Compensation & benefits – You have the ability to understand the importance of such a strategy and execute it from global to local
- People advocate
- Implements people first culture – You understand how to turn policies and processes into a compelling experience for Uberallers
- Emotional intelligence – You are able to relate to people from a range of backgrounds and are a whizz at conflict resolution
- Diversity & Inclusion – You love working across cultures and timezones in a hybrid work environment
- Excellent operator
- Proactive – you foresee issues before they arise and continuously work to ensure conflicts or disengagement does not happen
- Maintain accountability – You possess strong ownership and drive, you make things happen and push to finish what you started
- You are results- not task-focused – You know how to prioritize, and you drive momentum both individually and in a team environment
- Continuous improvement & innovation – You care about the quality implementation and delivery, and constantly look for ways to improve and evolve what we do
- High-performing team creator
- Performance – You set targets, provide constructive and frequent feedback, and are great at managing expectations up, down, and across the organization
- Present & available – You are service-minded and enjoy being in the front line working directly with Uberallers
- Stakeholder management – You educate and coach leaders and stakeholders in alignment with organizational goals
- Stellar communication skills – You maintain clarity, transparency, and simplicity in how you communicate at all levels of the organization
What we offer:
💜 A mission with meaning and purpose At Uberall, we foster genuine connections between local businesses and people. Our diverse team of over 400 people working in 30 different countries allows us to win together with our partners, co-workers, and customers. Speaking of our customers, they’re some of the most recognizable businesses in the world.
😁 A truly human culture We’re famous for our culture. Uberallers live by our values of mutual respect and boldness. We’re open, collaborative risk-takers with a whole lot of passion and grit.
🤸🏽♀️ Flexibility to fit your lifestyle Want to come to an office for collaboration? We’ve got space for you in Berlin, Amsterdam, Detroit, and London. Prefer to work remotely? Fine by us! Bonus points if we meet your pets in a video call. If working from another country is legally possible for you and within a reasonable time zone, we happily support work-ations.
💸 A piece of the pie Our pay & perks are competitive, and you better believe we review them on the regular to make sure they stay that way. We grow together, so of course all Uberallers are part of our long-term incentive program through VSOP/ESOP.
♺ Emotional and intellectual connection Events and alignment sessions – YES and YES. With the team, cross-functions, regional, you name it – we love bringing people together. Uberallers share a LOT of hobbies. Whatever you’re into – reading books, baking, heavy metal, fostering kittens . . . you’ll find kindred spirits on our team.
🧘 Health and Wellness We prioritize your wellness with generous holiday time, paid parental and circumstantial leave, and individualized health and wellness opportunities depending on your location.
⭐️ All-access pass Get immersed in Uberall from day one. Your onboarding is packed with a deep dive into our values, insights into all our departments, and a chance to ask the CEO anything. We come together monthly for our town hall and product showroom so you’re always in the know.
🌵 Everyday growth We support you on your non-stop learning journey. We offer development dialogues, live workshops on topics like resilience and feedback, and a Leadership Academy to make sure our leaders have all the tools to bring out the very best in teams. Need to improve your language skills? We have German and business English classes, and virtual coffee chats in 7 different languages.
🖥 Top-of-the-line tech MacBook Pro, magic mouse, 2nd screen . . . Need anything else? Let the People & Culture team know.
Remember our “Grow Together” value from the beginning of the ad?
We mean it.
Everything starts with getting in touch. The best way to express your interest is by applying online. We will be carefully reading your profile and can’t wait to hear from you.
In the meantime, let our “life@uberall” social accounts give you some real life impressions.