Valora Inc’s mission is to unlock access to financial opportunity so everyone can create and share value without barriers. We believe every person should have access to the information, education, and tools needed to build wealth. When everyone has the potential to prosper, our world will be a more supportive and interconnected place.
As part of the Strategy & Operations team, you’ll be responsible for building and executing on a partnerships strategy that accelerates the next phase of Valora’s growth where you’ll gain exposure to the broader Celo Ecosystem and web3 in general. You’ll work closely with our company leadership to identify partnerships that will help accelerate our product adoption, add to or enhance our product features, and expand Valora’s user base into a new global market.
The ideal candidate will have significant professional experience in a business development function with a focus on strategic partnerships, a good understanding of blockchain technology and great ability to work with internal teams, including Product and Engineering, to bring our partnerships to life.
We are a remote friendly team, looking for someone who aligns to US or Central European time zones.
- Define Valora’s business development and partnerships strategy to drive the next phase of growth for Valora
- Work on sourcing, scoping and closing strategic partnerships to improve the user experience, add to Valora’s value propositions as a product and onboard new users
- Engage and close potential partners across the web3, fintech, payments and tech spaces, and coordinate partnership execution across teams internally and externally
- Execute go-to-market strategies that launch new partnerships and product offerings with our partners
- Work effectively with internal teams to execute on agreements
- Track, analyze and communicate the quantitative impact of partnerships you execute
- 7+ years in partnerships, new business development or similar roles at a high-growth technology company
- A track record of unlocking growth for a complex product/service via partnerships
- Demonstrated track record of leading and closing successful partnerships with small and large companies
- Experience growing revenue via distribution partners and driving product adoption
- Experience in managing and executing multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Stellar communication skills: establish clear goals and priorities and clearly communicate these to the broader team
- Cross-functional experience working with internal and external stakeholders to execute partner projects and initiatives
- Experience negotiating the commercial terms of strategic partnerships
- Strong analytical skills to build business cases and forecast potential impact of partnership opportunities
- A strong passion and/or curiosity for web3
- Experience defining a partnerships strategy for consumer products
- Experience growing a team
- Experience working in international markets
- Proficiency in additional languages
- Web3 experience