e are looking for a hands-on technical leader with a strong background in building mission-critical distributed systems and experience managing a high-performing team. We need someone who is comfortable in a fast-moving environment with a lot of moving pieces. You will be responsible for our team that is building our Verifiable Random Function. This is a career-defining opportunity to be part of a fast-growing tech company this is successfully implementing a key piece of the world’s blockchain infrastructure that will power the digital agreements of the future.
As an Engineering Manager of the VRF Team, you will be responsible for:
- Develop the engineering roadmap and strategy in alignment with the product roadmap
- Own execution and delivery of core protocol, milestones, and features
- Efficiently manage the VRFs production environment with high availability, reliability, and resiliency
- Work with cross-functional teams, including product and other internal stakeholders, in all phases of product development
- Empower, challenge, and coach a team of engineers to grow their impact as individual technical leaders by providing them with context and continuous feedback
- Work with leaders across the company to drive the best-in-class engineering practices that enable developers to contribute effectively
- 7+ years of experience in building and managing critical large-scale business applications
- 1+ year of experience leading or managing engineering teams. Tech Leads with no people management experience are also considered.
- Experience with building distributed systems and understanding of system design concepts
- Experience in owning & managing a critical consumer product and/or technologies (either internal or external) used by 100s users
- Experience managing a large-scale production environment for a mission-critical product (with high availability, reliability, and resiliency)
- Software engineering degree/comp science background
- Startup experience
- Strong passion for blockchain, DeFi, and the overall future of Web3. It will be hard to succeed in this role if you don’t understand what we are doing and why.