Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Block is looking for an administrative professional to join the Executive Operations team, providing strategic support to three executives, the Global Head of Operations, the Head of North America Direct Customer Success, and GM – Square for Retail. These dynamic Square executives lead growing, complex teams on both Customer Success and Retail. As their Executive Assistant, your mission will be to amplify the impact and success of these Square executives and their teams, which comprise an essential part of Block’s organization.
Block’s Executive Assistants are trusted guides for the leaders of our company. We improve efficiency, promote collaboration, and help execute our strategy. We foster culture and community by helping teams connect and hold each other accountable. As a centralized Executive Operations team, EAs report to EA Managers who, in addition to supporting Block Executives of their own, provide their EA reports with specialized guidance that only a fellow, accomplished Square EA could offer. We embrace and promote a team-first mentality in all aspects of our work.
- Provide shared administrative and strategic support to Square executives within Block, maintaining complex, dynamic calendars requiring thoughtful collaboration with other executives, teams, partners, and EAs
- Be a trusted partner and advisor to executives, attend important meetings, manage agendas, take meeting notes, and track deliverables to execution
- Project-manage multiple initiatives, driving clear and cohesive communications across the executive’s distributed team in a remote environment
- Foster team collaboration, communication, and shared learning, and identify opportunities for operational improvement across the organization
- Develop processes that allow teams to move faster and creatively use resources
- Build relationships across your executive’s teams and our centralized EO team
- Plan large-scale team events, town hall meetings, and leadership off-sites
- Manage all domestic and International travel to Block offices and conferences
- Use data and insights to improve your executive client’s operations and stay ahead of deliverables
- Be a sounding board and trusted partner to your executive client by building trust
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Business Partner, or similar role
- 2+ years experience working with small or large technology companies, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to organize, analyze, and prioritize executive workflows, often applying and interpreting data to make decisions
- The ability to work with many personalities; you are clear, concise, and kind in every interaction
- Full proficiency with Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides