What You Will Do.
- Month-end close process: Perform General Ledger account reconciliations. Record journal entries. Review and reconcile accounts: bank statements, accounts payable, prepaid schedules and accruals.
- Manage Accounts Payable: Create new vendors in Kava’s ERP system (Netsuite) and manage vendor files. Verify compliance documents for vendors (W-9s, W-8-bens, etc.). Prepare and file 1099 forms annually.
- Process Accounts Payable payments: Codify and classify invoices. Validate invoice payment approvals following Kava’s internal approval process. Review credit card receipts through Brex, and log entries into Netsuite.
Who You Are.
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ Years accounting experience
- 2+ Years of bank reconciliations experience
- 1+ Year experience working with financial ERP systems (Netsuite, Quickbooks, etc)
- 1+ Year of AP coding experience
- Proficient in MS Excel or Google Sheets
Nice to Haves.
- Experience with Brex, Expensify
- Start-up experience
- AP Experience with multi-currencies
- You have an interest in blockchain, crypto, and decentralized technologies
- Recruiter: 30 minutes
- Head of People: 30 minutes
- Hiring Manager | Technical assessment: 30 minutes
- Panel: 30 minutes
- Recruiter Debrief: 15 minutes
What We Offer.
- A fully remote work environment with an international and diverse team
- Competitive salary; including stipends for home office set-up, wellness, internet and cell phone.
- 100% coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD and Basic Life insurance for employees
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO and Holidays
- A fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- Benefits, perks and policies are subject to change and eligibility may vary based on location.
About Kava Labs.
Kava Labs is focused on democratizing financial services and making them openly accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world. We started out by building the Kava blockchain, a foundational platform designed to provide the most safe, secure, and reliable experience for accessing Decentralized Financial (DeFi) apps and services. Today that platform manages over $1B in assets on behalf of users and is growing rapidly.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team that values first principle thinking, experimentation, and learning to ensure long-term success. We are not dogmatic in our approach, but we are relentless in our pursuit to create impactful technology for the future.
We have a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and cultures but we’re all united in our passion for building new open financial infrastructure — together so that our efforts will make a real impact and create lasting change in the world.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Kava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.