We are looking for a highly skilled QA engineer to join our backoffice team and work on testing various enterprise integrations, CRM and WMS systems, order management and much more. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of our organization by ensuring that our systems are of the highest quality and meet the needs of our customers. And by the way, you will be able to talk to customers everyday since they are just Slack away and always ready to provide feedback.
The startup’s typical motto is “Move fast, break things”. But we have reached more than 500,000 active subscribers so in order to move we should be able to test fast and smart. That’s why we are looking for QA engineer who can join our team and help us with next activities:
- Testing new features
- Writing autotests
- Performance testing
- Load testing
- Security testing
A couple of words about the team: we are fully distributed, work from almost a dozen of countries but we have a common goal – we want to create the best digital product. Each team is fully cross functional and delivers on a daily basis. We like transparency, we speak freely and honestly.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Write various autotests
What We’ll Love About You:
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
What You’ll Need to Have:
- QA experience 6+ years
- Test automation experience 2+ years
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Strong experience with Customer Support reported issues
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- OWASP testing experience required
- Playwright experience is a plus
- Experience with K6, JMeter or similar frameworks is a plus
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Competitive base compensation
- Bonus program
- Paid Time Off and Work From Home
- A fun, creative and energetic work environment
Scentbird inspires fragrance lovers to go beyond the ordinary and sample scents that evoke passion, confidence, and the unknown. Our mission is to revolutionize the way we perfume by bringing the ultimate fragrance playground right to your fingertips and offering a digital subscription service that lets members choose from over 500+ designer perfumes each month.
About the Brands:
- Scentbird: The easiest way for fragrance lovers to discover, try, and buy their favorite scented products without a commitment
- Deck of Scarlet: Deck of Scarlet was created to break the boredom and shake up clean beauty. The line of bold cosmetics features vivid colors, innovative textures, and unprecedented finishes that bring the fun and creativity back to clean beauty.
- Confessions Of A Rebel: We’re not afraid to provoke. Our fragrances are made to excite and inspire: some are subversive, others are straightforward, all are compelling in their own right. He, she, they, YOU – our confessions are not caged in by gender.
- Goodhabit: Built for the digitally native generation, Goodhabit is pioneering the movement in defending your skin against artificial blue light and modern day skin stressors. We’re developing clean, conscious, and effective skincare solutions that keep you connected, and your skin, protected.
- Sanctuary: Our newest brand to the Scentbird family. This fragrance, just like the playful creature that was its muse, this scent opens with an energetic blend of red berries and fresh bamboo as a nod to the Red Panda’s favorite foods, while pink pepper adds an extra lively twist. Verdant notes like white tea, violet, and oakmoss pay homage to its habitat in the Himalayan Forests and mountains of China, as cashmere woods evoke a soft, cuddly feeling.
- Drift: drift is uprooting the traditional air-care market. With beautifully designed products that blend in with bespoke scents that stand out. We take pride in our fragrances, keeping them free from the traditional chemicals used in the fragrance industry. We are always phthalate and paraben free. drift’s subscription customer base is loyal and growing fast.
Scentbird is committed to bringing individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives into the Nest. We strive to uphold an inclusive environment where individuals of all different backgrounds, ages, colors, ethnicities, gender, or gender identities, genetics, physical or mental abilities, protected veteran status, race, religious or sexual orientation, thrive. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated internally to going above and beyond in fostering diversity. Come as you are – we’re excited to meet you.
Salary range: $54,000 – $60,000 *