We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see a fantastic set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 260 people in over 29 countries globally. DECA has been profitable since our inception in 2016. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We think that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere worldwide in the CET timezone (9 am – 6 pm CET).
About the role
We are looking for a passionate and talented Senior Backend Developer to join our engineering team and play an integral role in designing, building, and scaling our architecture
About the game:
In Celtic Heroes you can enter a huge 3D world of magic, warcraft, and adventure in this true open-world 3D MMORPG for mobile devices!
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of artists, designers, and programmers to implement new gameplay features.
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Solve challenging technical issues.
- Work closely with designers and QA to create optimal and bug-free solutions.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Share knowledge, help, and mentor colleagues in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary, and remote team environment.
- 4+ years of relevant experience, ideally in the gaming environment of MMORPG backends.
- Strong knowledge in object-oriented languages like C#, Java, or C++ .
- Performance optimization skills.
- Understanding of game programming techniques.
- Strong sense of responsibility and independence.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Experience implementing client/server communication.
- Working with databases.
- Window .NET Framework experience.
- Ability to work with Windows Server OS.
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure, like GCP.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 29 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.