We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing Production Engineering team. We are responsible for design and implementation of the secure cloud infrastructure powering Paxos’ work to transform the financial industry. We also drive engineering productivity with standardized patterns across product lines, and work to build self-service tooling to make getting things done easy.
Engineers joining our team will be able to work with modern platforms and will focus on enabling our partner teams to build without thinking about infrastructure. We use AWS and infrastructure as code, and we’ve adopted cloud native technologies like Kubernetes, Istio, and ArgoCD to help us scale. You will work closely with product engineering to deploy and support novel solutions to hard problems where security, high availability, and low latency is critical.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky – supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll get to:
- Scale our core infrastructure, enabling our business to continue rapid growth.
- Enable observability into our environment and applications that help us understand performance and self-heal in the case of failure.
- Own infrastructure projects end-to-end that span multiple disciplines and teams.
- Make the right trade-off between reliability and product feature speed – leveraging SLAs and SLOs to drive decision making around velocity.
- Automate away problems and provide self service tools to developers, increasing our ability to deploy reliability and safely.
- Take an active role in the team through design and code review, as well as mentoring junior engineers and sharing your knowledge.
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- Significant work experience as a Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or Site Reliability Engineer.
- Strong experience working with at least one major cloud platform (AWS preferred) as well as with containers (Kubernetes), and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform).
- Coding expertise in a higher level language – Java/Kotlin, Python, Go, Rust, or Ruby
- Familiarity with common infrastructure tools like Argo, Istio, Docker, Configuration management is a strong plus.
- You have worked with distributed systems, cloud native applications and system design
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate and drive design decision with partners and stakeholders
- Experience working with a product and infrastructure that has end users at scale
- While we don’t require a degree, formal schooling in engineering is a nice-to-have