The Writer & Content Producer leads the story development, writing and editing for a variety of marketing and communications content designed to drive key organizational messages and advance TNC’s conservation goals and solutions. They will produce content in multiple formats and mediums for promotion across TNC’s digital and social media channels, and project manage select team priorities. They will sit in the Editorial & Content Development (E&C) team.
The Writer & Content Producer is a passionate and creative storyteller with digital content savvy who will serve as a lead writer for a variety of marketing & communication materials that raise brand awareness, grow engagement and expand influence with TNC’s key audiences. They will create compelling thought leadership and explainer content that both introduces TNC’s work to new audiences and cements TNC’s reputation as a proven problem-solver and valuable partner with existing audiences. They will support journalistic storytelling about TNC’s conservation work across the globe—including conducting and/or coordinating field reporting. They will help create foundational TNC products and messaging. They may also assist in the management of design and production of visual and audio assets, video storyboarding and other creative needs based on the scope of specific projects. They will collaborate extensively across the Marketing & Communications (MAC) division and other TNC departments to achieve editorial and content goals. They may manage select staff, budgets and vendors.
As Writer & Content Producer, you will:
- Produce multi-channel content based on an overarching editorial and content strategy that aligns with overall TNC branding and messaging—including web feature stories and other articles, email newsletters, video scripts, infographics, and social media copy.
- Serve as the lead writer and production manager for Global Insights, TNC’s email newsletter geared toward policy, business and other global “change agent” audiences.
- Support production of foundational brand materials, products and messaging for use across the organization and with external partners and stakeholders
- Create persuasive messages and tell compelling stories that spark curiosity, engage audiences and elevate TNC’s reputation.
- Proactively pitch new story concepts and creative executions to E&C teammates as well as other MAC teams.
- Travel on occasion to assist with on-ground story development as well as for in-person TNC retreats and meetings.
- Demonstrate digital media savviness, and ability to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of content principles, best practices and emerging trends
- Coordinate closely with Analytics team to interpret content performance and identify opportunities to optimize future content.
- Coordinate with E&C teammates to align story production with the global editorial calendar.
- Collaborate with Social Media team, Web team and Centralized Email Program to ensure appropriate promotion for all content.
- Collaborate with Creative team to ideate, storyboard and edit multimedia assets intended for TNC’s social and digital platforms.
- Have the opportunity to act independently within program goals, and responsible for meeting project goals and objectives.
- May manage select staff, budgets and vendors.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
If you’re looking for a career where you can find meaning and purpose, come join our Editorial & Content Development (E&C) team! Not only will you fulfill conservation objectives, you’ll contribute to the achievement of urgent conservation goals on a global scale.
We’re looking for a passionate, dedicated person to work within TNC’s Marketing and Communications division. Writing and editing, creativity, and the ability to influence without authority are key in this role. We invite you to include with your application a cover letter, resume and links to any work samples you’d like to share with us. Come join TNC and apply today!
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum 7 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience crafting organization- or company-wide communication tools, including branding.
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading messages for targeted audiences.
- Experience presenting to diverse audiences including some or all of the following: internal and external executives, donors, members, board members, and the public or equivalent.
- Experience implementing, and managing multiple complex projects.
- Experienced storyteller and content producer with excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to produce compelling and innovative digital content that is informed by analytics and digital best practices.
- Ability to interpret and explain technical information to general audiences.
- Interest in exploring new technologies, platforms and experiences to present stories in new ways and improve content marketing efforts
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Experience developing, implementing and measuring communication and engagement plans/strategies.
- Experience in journalism, especially a digital journalism environment.
- Excellent project and time management skills, and the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining content quality on deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working collaboratively across teams to plan and develop content, and strong comfort with absorbing and applying constructive feedback from peers and clients
- Experience working within enterprise web/email/social media content management systems
- Knowledge of or interest in conservation, sustainability and environmental issues and solutions
- Experience producing visual and/or audio content.