At IEX, we’re passionate about building technology that moves industries forward. Our story began when we built a stock exchange designed to deliver high-performance test results for all investors. Our belief is that technology should level the playing field so that opportunity is equitable. We are applying what we learned from building a high-performance stock exchange to build technology that solves for complexity and accelerates the growth in other areas. We aspire to build a trusted, disciplined, and diversified business. Our goal is to build transformative technology without ever compromising our integrity – and we’re just getting started!
The Legal Team
Join a team that touches all parts of IEX’s innovative and growing business!
Associate General Counsel
IEX is looking for an Associate General Counsel to join our legal team. In this role, you will be reporting directly to our Deputy General Counsel and will act as a key resource and primary point of contact for our growing web3 business. You should have experience with web3, digital assets, NFTs software development and privacy. Preferably, you should be familiar with technology businesses and contracts.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter with extensive web3 commercial expertise, excellent communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, and an appetite for fast-paced work in a highly dynamic teamwork-oriented startup environment. If you’re up for the challenge of juggling multiple priorities within a dynamic, fast-growing technology start-up – come join us!
This job is a hybrid role located in the New York office.
- Self-starter with a real passion for learning new technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to think strategically as well as execute tactically – not afraid to get into the weeds
- Firm dedication to the core values of IEX – belief in fairness and transparency in the financial markets
What You’ll Do:
- Act as key resource and primary point of contract for IEX web3 commercial business teams needing legal assistance
- Prepare, review and draft various agreements and relationships with vendors, partners, and other third parties related to technology
- Prepare, review and update internal policies
- Support legal projects appropriately in a confidential and sensitive manner
- 5-8 years of experience as a practicing attorney in the in-house legal department of a web3 company and some law firm experience
- Experience and subject matter expertise related to web3 technology businesses
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple complex projects with competing deadlines
- Hard working, strong team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Law degree (JD) from accredited law school
- NY Bar membership required
- Culture fit (Think Big, Do Good/ Win Together/ Be Gritty/ Invent & Reinvent)
Why You Should Apply:
- Comprehensive Benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs)
- 401K employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision
- OneMedical membership
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Wellness benefits
- Flexible workplace
- Employer charity match
- Learning stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Jump Start onboarding program
- Intern mentor program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture