We are a decentralized money market and leaders in the space to offer lending, staking and borrowing in the Polkadot ecosystem. As of March 2022, we are valued at $1 Billion and backed by some of the best investors in the valley, including Sequoia Capital, Blockchain Capital, Lightspeed, and Peter Thiel’s Founder’s Fund. We are a global company and vastly growing; we have ~100 employees worldwide and are looking to double our headcount by 2023. Our mission is to bring DeFi to 1 Billion people.
TEAM STRUCTURE & SCOPE OF ROLE
You will be the first new member joining a growing Business Development team, reporting directly to our CEO/Founder, Yubo Ruan, & working closely with various key stakeholders across the organization ultimately focusing on achieving growth through a comprehensive set of activities related:
- Strategize and execute full-cycle deals from start to finish
- Build partnership within NFT marketplace, NFT collections, DEX, crypto exchanges, etc.
- Bring TVL through funds
- Strategically conduct and manage outreach campaigns and initiatives to generate qualified leads and prospects
- Creating and manage a consistent pipeline of qualified opportunities
- Representing Parallel at industry events and conferences
- Promoting our brand, building awareness, leading sales pitches, developing offers and proposals for partners
- Leading business development projects, partnerships, joint ventures, strategic alliances.
- Evaluating potential prospects in the crypto/ fintech industry; research and analyze partnering options, and propose successful partnerships to the internal teams for consideration
- Effectively collaborating cross-functionally to help improve the products
To be successful in this role, you are a motivated self-starter that works well within a team. You’re passionate about blockchain, especially DeFi. You’re a personable and skilled networker who’s willing to go the extra mile.
- Prior deFi work experience
- Extensive and deep industry connections
- Solid understanding of DeFi protocols and NFTs
- Experience with high-level strategy – understanding business demands, relationship-building, sales/pitching-experience and solid communication
- Self starter, hard-working, passionate, team-player
- Previous experience at a start-up, a plus