We’re SwissBorg, a fintech company headquartered in Switzerland, with offices in Lausanne, Lisbon, Tallinn and London.
Our flagship product, the SwissBorg app, offers over 650,000+ users the best price and liquidity across 16 fiat and 45+ cryptos, as well as giving them the opportunity to earn passive income with our Smart Yield account. And the community is growing fast, with over $600 millions equivalent in crypto assets held in the app, weekly volume of over 250 million, and over 33,000 Premium users.
But that’s just the start in our mission to democratise wealth management by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Zimbabwe, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
And this is where you come in…
What you might be doing:
- Design, implement and lead a global risk management strategy for the organisation.
- Support the Legal Executive Board on embedding a risk aware culture.
- Establish and quantify the organisation’s ‘risk appetite’ and ensure risk approach adheres accordingly (heat maps).
- Ensure compliance with regulatory obligations whilst taking a commercial and practical approach to risk based challenges and offer appropriate solutions.
- Provision of proactive and practical regulatory advice to business managers and support functions.
- Continuous drive for enhanced efficiency and user service in all Risk and Compliance processes.
- Develop, lead and motivate the Risk and Compliance team to maximise effectiveness.
- Provide support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organisation.
- Ensure the senior management remains informed of regulatory, legislative and best practice changes and their obligations and impact.
- Horizon scan to increase awareness of risks affecting the business.
- Provide regular reports to boards and other relevant bodies detailing any current issues or information as required.
- Lead the user onboarding team driving efficiency in all processes to most effectively adhere to our risk appetite.
- Conduct internal audits, including liaison with external auditors.
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders.
- Manage the successful delivery of compliance projects ensuring technical excellence and a practical/business driven approach. Support and lead on Group projects as assigned.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand the business requirements for projects, develop effective working relationships during project implementation and ensure ownership is understood by management.
- Proactively identify opportunities for product and service enhancements, working closely with the product managers
What you might bring:
- Knowledge and experience with regulatory environment covering all service line offerings.
- Demonstrated broad technical knowledge and expertise covering conducting of business matters, corporate governance, regulatory risk and regulatory change matters.
- Practical and commercial approach to problem solving.
- Experience influencing behaviours at all levels of the organisation.
- Proven track record of delivering enhancements to process efficiency.
- Experience of leading and motivating a multi-jurisdictional, multi specialism team.
- Comprehensive experience of the European regulatory environment. Swiss experience is a plus.
- Ability to produce and present effective presentations and training sessions.
- Holding as a minimum an ICA Diploma or equivalent in International Compliance and/or Anti Money Laundering
- Full professional proficiency in Estonian and English (written and spoken).
- Startup acumen and previous experience is a plus.
- Cryptocurrency or Fintech experience is beneficial.
Why you should apply:
– Freedom to build the company of your dreams
– Learn with (super cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
– CHSB bonus based on our meritocratic system
– We’ll provide you with a MacBook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
– Flexible working hours
– 25 working days of vacation + local holidays
– Annual team retreats – We’d love to see you at the next one!
– Continuous learning and development opportunities