We’re looking for a hands-on Director, Talent Acquisition to help scale our team building an all-in-one privacy solution and to join our mission to show the world that protecting your privacy online can be simple.
In this role, you will take end-to-end ownership of hiring for critical leadership roles. Working closely with the Talent Acquisition and leadership teams, you will identify, propose and execute highly complex initiatives to help scale our hiring operation. You will serve as a coach, mentor, and project advisor for team members, accelerating their growth and helping them increase their impact over time.
What You Will Bring to DuckDuckGo
- 10+ years of experience in Talent Acquisition with extensive experience hiring for technical and software engineering roles.
- 4+ years of experience leading teams of senior technical recruiters.
- Willingness to own end-to-end hiring efforts for leadership or top-priority roles for up to 50% of your time.
- Excellent advisory, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Ability to lead and collaborate on high-impact, complex projects from proposal through post-mortem.
- Skills to wrangle vague problems, propose innovative solutions, and execute them with a strong focus on metrics.
How We Will Support You
Our core values — build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction — underpin how we work day-to-day and the support we give our team members. We strive to empower our team members to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work.
- Remote First, Always: We’ve always been a fully distributed company with team members all over the world. We trust you to get your work done wherever, whenever.
- Commitment to Personal Growth: Every team member has an annual budget of $1,250 USD to invest in their professional development. Every team member also has a dedicated Career Advisor, who serves as a guide to help you develop your strengths, identify your motivations, and understand your opportunities for growth.
- Leadership: We have many different types of leaders and possible combinations of leadership roles, so you can grow your career in a way that aligns best with your personal goals. You can seek additional leadership roles by being directly responsible for projects, taking ownership of areas of the company, developing and maintaining internal processes, or pursuing advisory roles
- Work/Life Balance: Team members have the freedom and flexibility to organize their own work schedules. We want you to thrive both in and out of the office. We trust you to use good judgment and take the time off that you need to bring your best self to work.
We also offer paid parental leave, a co-working stipend, office setup reimbursement, and a wellness stipend. More support resources can be found in our, Team Member Support Guide, which explains how we make your well-being a priority.
For more information on how we collaborate worldwide, from leadership in our relatively flat organization to start-to-finish ownership, check out DuckDuckGo Culture: How We Work.
Annual compensation: $203,333 – $220,000 USD and stock options.
Hiring works best when it’s a two-way street. Learn how we help you get to know DuckDuckGo and envision your future role here. Find out more about how we hire.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
DuckDuckGo provides equal work opportunities to all team members and applicants, and it prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We want to ensure that our hiring process is accessible. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you.