Lucky VR is looking for an enthusiastic Engineering manager to join our team. As an Engineering manager you will be responsible for the development of our engineering team, and the mentorship and growth of our individual team members. This growth will include interpersonal and technical skills, so a strong background in game development is required, and the ability to get hands on with the development of our game is imperative to success in this role.
- Passionate about the People on their team and excited about their growth and development
- Forges and maintains relationships with suppliers and team members.
- Manages staff and assigns tasks to engineering and technical personnel.
- Leads teams in the development of new products, solutions, and processes.
- Oversees project logistics and resource allocation.
- Strives to improve efficiency and sustainability of processes and product designs, and to reduce waste.
- Advocates on behalf of team members by securing adequate resources for success.
- Communicates technical information to non-technical stakeholders
- Maintains high level expertise in their field or sector.
- Assures that processes meet quality and compliance guidelines.
- Collaborates with other team leaders and departments.
- Personnel and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of sector technology and processes
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership, teambuilding, and mentoring skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Flexible thinking, including the ability to pivot and try new approaches when faced with challenges
- Organizational, planning, and documentation skills
- Proficiency using presentation software to explain complex information to non-technical management personnel and other stakeholders
- Experience leading a team in the Games Industry
Nice to Have
- Ability to work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously
- Past use of Agile/Scrum or similar collaborative processes a plus
- Previous work within AR/VR is an asset
- Attention to detail
We encourage all interested applicants to apply. We value passion and work ethic, so if you are passionate, ambitious and want to work on the cutting edge of technology, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Lucky VR is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Please note, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.