About Protocol Labs:
PL is an open-source research, development, and deployment laboratory. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and many more. We aim to make human existence orders of magnitude better through technology. We are a fully distributed company. Our team members work remotely and in the open to improve the internet — humanity’s most important technology — as we explore new advances in computing and related fields.
About the People Team:
The People Team enables PL’s success through –
- Designing and leading innovative people programs and practices that help people to do their best work
- Supporting all initiatives involving engaging, developing, and retaining people
- Driving sustainable and responsible organizational growth through effective talent management and development
The Manager, People Business Partner is a strategic and hands-on role that will provide support to leaders and labbers within PL and the broader PL Network. This role is critical in partnering with leadership, and in some cases, network founders, to develop and implement people management practices, empowering cross-functional collaboration as it relates to people programs, advising on key organizational structure design, and more
As a Manager, People Business Partner you will…
- Coach, influence and build relationships; Be the primary point of contact for managers and leaders on their ‘people’ related business goals
- Partner with the leadership team to create and execute people initiatives that drive employee development in a high-performing organization.
- Liaise with other other People teams, legal, finance, and others for day to day People needs
- Support managers with employee relations, people policies, performance management and other related topics
- Consult with PL Network companies, providing People partnership and support where necessary
- Review/audit processes and data, identify opportunities to drive efficiencies, enhance the employee experience, and implement solutions while understanding downstream impact
- Be a point of contact for labbers and managers on their ‘people’ related inquiries
- Collaborate on team-based People Projects to be ahead of the needs of our expanding organization
- Ensure strong cross functional and People team stakeholder engagement, communication and partnership
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- 4+ years of People Operations/HR experience, preferably in the tech industry and/or a startup. Web3 experience would be a bonus.
- Demonstrated ability to work within and be successful in a high-growth environment, adapting and adjusting quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent Google suite skills: Sheets, Docs, Slides, Forms
- Analytical and data management skills, with the ability to translate data into action plans
- Excellent communication and consultative skills; the ability to translate data for different audiences
- Experience working in a collaborative team environments
- The ability to build and maintain successful relationships with all levels of the organization by achieving credibility and influencing key decisions
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with your own work and reviewing the work of others
- Demonstrated discretion and sound judgment handling sensitive and confidential data
- Experience in remote and distributed environments
- Strong interest in Web3, cryptocurrencies, OSS and decentralized work
- Interested in developing your HR/People career in this emerging and fast paced Web3 industry
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
The base pay for this position currently ranges from $157,000 to $218,000, plus cryptocurrency and opportunities for upside through performance rewards in cryptocurrency. The base pay is based on a number of factors and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, experience, skills, abilities, training, and education. We also have a great benefits package, including parental and other forms of leave, contributions to your retirement, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide competitive health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.