We want to welcome you to the mission of driving, scaling and unlocking the vast amount of value for our users and other crypto communities and to help us become the unit of physical activity value.
A master of the written word, the Marketing Narrative Lead owns the brand voice and tone of Sweat Economy’s products and brands. In this copy-focused role, it is up to the Marketing Narrative Lead to ensure that all written communication is strategically set up to succeed, with communications being released in the most effective way possible to each segment of users, heavily leaning in on what appeals to each group most.
The Marketing Narrative Lead will plug into all Marketing & Product verticals to ensure a company-wide strategic approach to copy, embedding themselves in cross-functional teams which will enable them to become experts in each product and project.
As the custodian of the brand voice and tone, the Marketing Narrative Lead takes ownership of not only building out definitive personality and style guides for each vertical, but also articulating the specifics of these through workshops and playbooks, empowering all within the company to be able to write effectively on-brand.
- Company-wide ownership of all externally-facing copy, including social media, blogs, website, advertising, press releases and in-product copy
- Responsible for writing, reviewing, and editing all copy as required by the company, including both short-form and long-form
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across the company, acting as the brand voice custodian
- Oversee and direct copy projects that may be written by others, both internal & external
- Relish the responsibility of being the custodian of brand voice and tone, acting with authority to ensure your strategy is followed
- Build and maintain style guides and terminology guides for consistent external comms
- Work with leadership team on internal messaging and company-wide initiatives (such as mission & values)
- Forge strong internal relationships with all relevant stakeholders to ensure you are constantly looped in on all relevant conversations
- Storytelling: Beyond business-focussed copy, you have storytelling experience writing fiction and crafting narratives
- Stakeholder Management: You have experience building and managing relationships in a professional setting.
- Web3 Native: You’re equally comfortable crafting content aimed at core crypto users as you are mainstream consumers.
- 3+ years of professional writing experience ideally including a high profile web3 consumer project with its own token
- Good knowledge of the crypto/ web 3 environment, latest technological developments, key players, protocols and best practices in web 3 marketing
- Must be a self-starter, creative thinker, and quick learner that requires very little oversight
- Must be a pleasure to work with, flexible, and easy-going
- Self-motivated and capable of setting goals and seeing projects through to completion
- Thrives in fast-paced environments and can adapt quickly to shifting priorities
- You have strong personal organisation and project management abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, build rapport, tell stories, and relate to others in both written and verbal forms
- Native or Fluent English
- Consistently flawless grammar
- Understanding of blockchain and cryptocurrency industry
- You want to change people’s lives for the better and break traditional norms
- You live and breathe crypto
- Experience in a fast-paced startup
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Tokens, equity, and/or fiat remuneration package options
- Flexible working hours, location, arrangements or office-working depending on location (ideally European time-zone hours)
- Be one of the first hires in our web3 team
- Join an extremely high-performing team
- Remote-friendly & Flexible working hours. The flexibility is incredible, performance is based on output, rather than hours spent working, our core hours are (10:00-16:00 GMT)
- Winter office in Lisbon. We spend up to 2 months in the sunniest city of Europe during winter with the coverage of accommodation, flights, visas and insurance for you and your partner/family
- Team building abroad in exciting locations!
- 20 days holiday (excluding public holiday) + Week off at Christmas
- 1 extra day off, for each year of service (up to 5)
- Two office locations, London and Lisbon (for now), in case you’d like to work from the office sometime
- Wellbeing program, (up to 2 counselling session per month)
- Health Insurance, for our employees joining outside UK or PT you have a 1000€ yearly allowance.