Select Star is a data catalog and discovery platform built for modern enterprises. Our platform automatically catalogs & documents database tables and BI dashboards, providing actionable intelligence for our customers in 24 hrs. With Select Star, you can find out where your data is coming from, which dashboards are built on top of it, who is using the data, and how they are using it.
We’re currently a Series A company, backed by some of the best early-stage tech investors like Lightspeed Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, Background Capital, and prominent angel investors (Spencer Kimball, Scott Belsky, Nick Caldwell, and more).
Top data teams from businesses like Opendoor, Pitney Bowes, Fivetran,Block/Square and more are relying on Select Star to understand their data. We’re starting to see strong traction in the market and are looking to build out our team to help us scale.
Reporting to Shinji Kim, Founder and CEO, you will help define and execute Select Star’s product roadmap. You will work closely with Select Star leadership and engineering teams to design and ship new features and integrations for our core platform. We are looking for an experienced product manager who understands data and infrastructure platforms, the “modern data stack”, and our main user UI/UX.
What you’ll do:
- Define requirements and execute new features and integrations for our core platform
- Partner with leadership to plan, develop and manage delivery of our product roadmap
- Work cross-functionality with multiple business units (sales, marketing, product) to define use cases and translate business problems into opportunities for Select Star
- Help build a customer-centric product culture
Who you are:
- 3-5+ years of experience working as a product manager, ideally with experience in the data or infrastructure sector
- Strong understanding of the data product landscape and the challenges our customers face
- Self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to distill complex requirements into simplified solutions
- Obsessive about customer experience and extremely high product standards
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and independently, you have a strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Prior early-stage startup experience is a plus
What success looks like:
In the first month, you will get up to speed on Select Star – becoming an expert on our product, how it’s used by customers, and future use cases we may want to support. You will quickly develop an understanding of how customers interact with Select Star, and ideally begin helping with scoping requirements for near term roadmap items.
In the next few months, you will become a master of customer experience for data discovery and take full ownership over feature development. You’ll work closely with leadership to design and prioritize roadmap items designed for specific customer use cases and lead the full life cycle of feature development. You’ll continue to analyze, evaluate and optimize existing and new product features over time.
We love working at Select Star and think you would too! Some of the benefits include:
- Remote first company – work from wherever you like
- Full medical benefits
- $1,000 annual stipend to improve your WFH set-up however you see fit
- Competitive compensation (including equity)
- Paid parental leave
- Annual company offsite
- Be open and transparent – we share the good and the bad. We’re working towards a common goal and support each other along the way
- Be an owner – we have high standards and expect everyone to be responsible for upholding them
- Be practical – things will change, and that’s ok. Prioritize, execute, evaluate and plan. Then do it again
We believe that diversity is critical to success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.