Our Sales Executive will field, qualify, and transact on a diverse set of pre-existing and incoming leads for our Africa region. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, independent thinker, and can think laterally to bring our data into new market segments. You will target the civil government accounts and partners. You will identify, qualify, negotiate and close large-scale complex deals and drive sales revenue targets by quarter. Ideally, you have a strong technical understanding of GIS, geospatial and imagery products, and know the customer segments in Africa. Above all else, enjoy our unique value proposition by addressing complex environmental and societal challenges and explaining why and how our geospatial intelligence can address them.
You will develop an extensive pipeline of new sales leads, provide product and sales demonstrations to prospective customers and formulate appropriate business relationships with accounts. This will be achieved through working with sales development representatives, marketing and your own network.
Location: Remote, UK, Germany, Western/Central Europe
Impact You’ll Own:
- Prospect and develop business relationships, lead large complex sales campaigns, close sales and manage customer expectations as company grows
- Developing senior level relationships and progress large opportunity campaigns with customers
- Manage proposal generation and pricing work as needed
- Using strategic sales approaches to plan, develop, prioritize and critically analyze Accounts and Opportunities
- Providing timeline and accurate updates to forecast
- Co-sell with key partners in the region to further sales campaigns
What You Bring:
- 8+ years of related experience in International sales and /or GIS, spatial imagery in the Africa region
- Experience selling to Government customers including understanding the nuances of sales cycles and how to navigate through the channels
- Proven track record of exceeding targets and developing and closing significant deals $1m+
- Proficient with Strategic Selling methodologies, such as MEDDICC or TAS
- Experience in Strategic Account Planning and Territory Planning, demonstrating ability to plan, prioritize and focus
- Ability to work within a partner ecosystem and develop collaborative relationships
- Strong enterprise and/or SaaS technical sales experience required along with a demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close large deals; carrying quota and closing should be familiar concepts.
- Sales Ops experience (CRM – salesforce, collateral development, pipeline tracking, etc)
- Success in acting as a bridge between the company and its current market and future markets
- Efficiency in gathering market and customer information to enable negotiations regarding variations in prices, delivery and customer specifications to their managers.
- Excellent communication skills, preferable with multiple languages
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in start-up environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Vertical-specific expertise a strong plus (government, agriculture, commodities, energy, forestry, govt sales)
- Consultative approach to solution selling with experience developing and closing large complex deals, including; discovery, building / tailoring value proposition and political justification to customer needs and priorities
- Knowledge and network in Earth Observation / Remote Sensing, and / or Geospatial
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Additional company winter holidays and regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment and flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community – one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please… do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet’s front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.