At Open Block Labs, we are looking for a Senior Blockchain Data Engineer who will be responsible for building and maintaining the data infrastructure for the DeFi projects Open Block Labs is involved in. You’ll write and maintain ETLs and their orchestration in order to build meaningful products and APIs.
We heavily interact with the Ethereum and Solana blockchain. We also use The Graph protocol for on-chain data retrieval, which is a GraphQL based API service and BigQuery for deeper analytics.
Tech: All our backend and data engineering are in Python, Flask, BigQuery, GCP, the Graph (Ethereum Indexer), Pandas, Numpy, iPython. As long as you have a Python data engineering / data science background – we can ramp up on the rest.
This role is full time, remote.
- Analyze on-chain data of Uniswap LP pools and compute financial metrics like volatility and performance, build out Uniswap LP Pool rankings based on Liquidity, trading volume, revenue, capital efficiency, revenue/$ of TVL, build out Uniswap pair correlations, and Price band analysis looking at the % of time the price has stayed within X stDev
- Support backtesting of different LP positions, support simulating future returns, and help user in finding best pools based on their LP profile
- Build data products to shortlist pools to LP on based on my LP profile and preferences, compare different pools and strategies directly to one another, track performance of my LP positions over time(guidance on inputs above), support user in tracking the performance of their position over time, and enable user to compare same strategy across different deployments and different pools
- For example user must be able to compare performance of ETH-USDC 1bp, 5bp, 30bp pools on different deployments for same tick range. Performance can differ due to trading volume, other liquidity in a pool and other liquidity providers (in case big LPs are actively managing liquidity); Other example would be comparing UNI-ETH and OP-ETH pool if $1000 was deployed month ago across same range)
- Use a trusted data source (data is valid, complete, and of sufficient quality to produce analytics – ideally data source will be crypto-native)
- Build data products to inform user of the probability their position stays in range over X period of time, Enable users to compare their strategy to other strategies, Inform users about incentives related to providing liquidity in a certain pool,
- Excitement about crypto and the Open Block Labs mission!
- Experience/strong interest in blockchain and Ethereum
- Experience in greenfield data engineering projects, specifically in data infrastructure projects.
- Advanced knowledge of modern data pipeline architecture and cloud platforms, e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure.
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, and describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategies.
- Hands-on design experience with data pipelines, joining data between structured and unstructured data.
- Familiarity with Python, iPython, Pandas, Numpy and comfort writing SQL queries.
- Familiarity with the web3 data engineering stack (ethers.js/web3.js, EIP-1193, client-side private key management, etc.
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Annual company retreat
- Bring your dog to work 🐶
Open Block Labs is building the future of crypto.
We believe that by equipping people with the best tools to solve their own problems, we can tackle the whole world’s problems better, together.