We’re looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to help us build great products, and select the best frameworks and tools to work with, all of that while having fun.
Being a Senior Full-Stack Engineer at Modash
Here are some things you might do in a standard week as a Senior Full-Stack Engineer at Modash:
- Work on understanding customers’ needs and translating those needs from product specifications to functional, production-ready features.
- Break down Figma designs into well-architected Vue.js-based components to provide a smooth and feature-rich end-user experience.
- Collaborate with your colleagues, from pair programming to mob reviewing. We are all for one.
- Deliver highly-valued features on a daily basis.
- Apart from creating technical plans also collaborate with the designer and product owner to give input on products’ direction.
- Help us choose the best technical direction by providing well-reasoned ideas on which frameworks and tools to use.
- Teach and be taught through code reviews and feedback.
We don’t expect you to:
- Be dependent on others. You should be a fully autonomous and proactive individual.
- Take for granted the tasks that are assigned to you. Always question the status quo.
- Work only on the frontend, backend, or bug fixing tasks. You are expected to take part in every area of the product, from requirements brainstorming to releasing features to customers.
What we’re offering
- 60,000 – 100,000 €. Depending on skills and experience level.
- Flexible working hours ⏱. We trust you to do your job, without anyone looking over your shoulder. Do your best work whenever it suits you.
- Unlimited paid vacation time 🌴. If you’re happy & well-rested, you’ll do better work. Take the time you need to enjoy a balanced life.
- Fully remote working 🏠. As long as you have a reliable internet connection, we want you to work wherever is best for you. At home, in a café, on a beach. Whatever works.
- Personal development 🧠. When you grow, we benefit. If there’s a course, book, or conference that will help you upskill – we’ll cover it.
- Ownership💡. You’re the expert at what you do, and so you should have the flexibility to make decisions and take action quickly. No unnecessary red tape. Got an out-of-the-box idea? You’ll have the autonomy to go ahead and try things that you might not be able to at other companies.
Who we’re looking for
- 5+ years experience as a full-stack engineer: Vue.js, Node.js, Typescript, AWS, and serverless architectures.
- You have a passion for building well-architected software with a great user experience.
- You have worked on product features end-to-end including scoping, architecting, coding, testing, and rolling out features.
- You have startup experience. Have you worked in a high-growth startup before? Come implement your knowledge to help us reach the next stage.
- API experience. You have designed, operated, and consumed multiple APIs throughout your career.
- Get-it-done attitude. We all run into roadblocks every day. We’re looking for someone who can find solutions, motivate themselves, and keep getting things done.
- You aspire to be great. We’re not shooting for mediocrity here.
- Interest in the creator economy. Our mission is to help creators get paid. You don’t need to live and breathe the creator world, but we’d like it if your values align with ours.
- We’re looking for applicants in Europe, Africa, or Middle East time zones. Ideally, you’ll have at least a few working hours overlapping with GMT+3 each day.
- You should be fluent (or nearly fluent) in English. Our team is distributed across many countries, but we work & collaborate day-to-day in English.
If you meet most (but not all) of the above criteria, don’t let that stop you from applying. We’re still interested in hearing from you.
Our tech stack 💻
Frontend: Vue2 with Typescript, but we plan on moving to Vue3
Backend: Node.js with Typescript, Express, Fastify
Databases: DocumentDB with Mongoose, RDS/Postgres, Redis, DynamoDB
Infrastructure: AWS with Pulumi (Infrastructure as Code)
Other tools: GitHub, Yarn, Jest, Figma, Amplitude, Segment, Intercom, Miro, Confluence, Jira, GSuite, Webflow, Stripe, Customer.io