You will work in partnership with the growth marketing (demand-generation) team and subject matter experts in PM to develop and QA/copy edit short- and long-form content. The near-term will focus on short-form content, but there will be opportunities to expand the role to include more long-form copy. Short-form content for original development and/or review includes content required to execute campaigns, primarily email copy, but may also include landing pages, microsites, paid media ad copy, and copy associated with promoting events like speaker and presentation abstracts.
Additional projects may include (1) managing and contributing content to the Blog pipeline, (2) pulling together the monthly newsletter, (3) supporting the PM directors in content development tasks including researching and drafting product marketing collateral, and (4) supporting the Corporate Marketing communications strategy and brand/content development plan.
The copy should be educational, creative, persuasive, well-organized and meet our brand guidelines and quality standards.
- Create content for email campaigns that is on message and compels action, including sequenced content for nurture/drip campaigns.
- Produce different variations of email copy, subject line, landing page copy as needed to enable AB testing.
- Assist and collaborate with the MDR/SDR and sales leaders to generate content used for outbound outreach.
- Create content related to event execution (e.g.company, speaker, presentation abstracts, landing pages for events and ABM campaigns).
- Generate marketing case study and success story collateral from our customer/data collection processes and tools.
- Create derivative (repurposed) content by mining customer and prospect Webcast events for Blog material, Newsletter blurbs, web-site proofpoints quotes.
- Support the PM directors in their content generation needs. This may include creating drafts or copy editing drafts of PM content deliverables or conducting research or data collection tasks.
- Support corporate communications strategy as needed and depending on skills (e.g. press releases, article placements, etc.).
- Takeover the monthly newsletter editor function – owning the content collection, curating/writing, layout, and delivery.
- Create/own the blog program including managing and building an article pipeline, contributing original content, ensuring SEO optimization, managing guest authors, reviewing/approving all content, and driving the cadence.
- Provide a layer of QA control by reviewing, editing and approving all content for public distribution that meets Gradle’s very high quality standards.
- Understand the Gradle brand and messaging guidelines and framework.
- Work with Growth Marketing to measure and optimize content effectiveness (e.g. using A/B testing).
- 7+ years of experience in writing and editing marketing content for software companies, preferably experience in writing for developer, engineering leadership, or DevOps teams.
- Experience in writing sales outreach emails and developing nurture campaigns for audiences/personas listed above.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment, think strategically, and have relentlessly high standards and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably a focus/concentration in English, technical writing and/or computer science.
What We Offer
- Ability to work from any place in the world in a remote-first environment with flexible working hours
- Work on a fast-growing product with a clear vision for the future
- Close collaboration with an ambitious and experienced team and the opportunity to learn from them regardless of your experience level
- Opportunities for growth in your career and in leadership responsibilities
- In-person meetings, such as our annual company offsite (where previous locations have included France, Spain, and Italy), team meetings, and onboardings
- Contribute to leading solutions in the new industry of Developer Productivity Engineering and work with cutting-edge DPE tools and practices
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
We offer competitive salaries and equity grants to all team members.
The US salary range for this position is $110,000 to $145,000 USD and reflects the target ranges for all US locations. Within this range, individual pay is determined by geographic location and additional factors including but not limited to experience, relevant skills, qualifications, seniority, performance, and travel requirements. Our recruiting team can share more information about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
- A focus on learning and development – Gradle offers an annual L&D stipend and a monthly company-wide Learning Day
- Home office stipend to make sure you are fully set up to work remotely
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid public holidays
- Volunteer Day – Giving back to the community has always been a priority at Gradle, so we offer up to 8 hours of paid work time each year for team members to give back to their local communities
- (US) Competitive healthcare offerings with multiple options covered at 100% for team members only, short-term and long-term disability coverage, and employer-paid life insurance coverage
While our team works remotely and is spread across the globe, we deeply value daily interactions and collaboration.
Visit our careers page to learn more about the company and see other open positions.
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world’s leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, Twitter, and Atlassian.
Our team is globally distributed but deeply connected. We value our interpersonal relationships as much as we value our achievements.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other and together. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.