We are looking for Senior Full-stack Engineers to join our engineering team at Knoetic! Senior Full-stack Engineers have the opportunity to work across the stack, front to back, and everything in between. You’ll take ideas from inception to reality by rapidly building prototypes, iterating, and releasing them. You’ll build scalable products that make the people analytics experience for CPOs, people leaders, and an entire organization simpler, safer, and more efficient.
The key attributes we value:
- You like to win. You don’t want a trophy for effort, you want it for making our customers say “WOW”.
- Intellectually curious, and intellectually humble. You’re not afraid to say, “I don’t know – but I’ll figure it out, fast”.
- You never say, “that’s not my job” – you take full ownership and responsibility over outcomes. You’re a force of nature that gets the job done no matter what it takes.
- You make everyone else on the team better. Your presence, positivity, and drive inspire others to step up their game. You put the company above your own wants.
- You’re known for your work ethic. You pride yourself on being one of the hardest-working person most people know.
- You’re constantly improving. You know there’s no such thing as perfection, and you’re always pushing yourself (and our company) to be better than you were yesterday.
- You’re confident that you are good, and humble to know you can be better: You’re honest, principled, smart, open to giving/receiving feedback, and focused on doing right for the company and doing right for the customer
In compliance with New York City Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role, adjusted for level, is between $140,000 – $190,000 in New York City. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including level, skillset, experience, job scope, location, and current market data. This range is not inclusive of our competitive equity package.
Note – even if you don’t check every box in the job description, we still encourage you to apply!
Knoetic is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace, and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, or any legally protected status. If you’re missing a few qualifications or don’t have the exact experience listed above, you may still be the next right candidate for this role or another role we have open at Knoetic!
We look forward to hopefully meeting you soon!
- Produce high-quality, production-ready, readable, maintainable code
- Lead large projects from initial inception to production
- Unblock and support your team of peers including engineers, designers, product managers, and business stakeholders
- Build beautiful, scalable solutions to make the people Analytics experience for CPOs, people leaders, and entire organizations 100x more efficient
Within your first week
- Onboard and learn more about the company’s mission, culture, and values. You’ll write a user manual and a Professional Development Plan outlining exactly how you want to grow professionally over the next 1-2 years.
- Understand Knoetic’s tech infrastructure at an abstract h level. We will pair you up with an onboarding buddy to help you get up to speed
- Deploy your first Pull Request to production
Within your first month
- Participate in road mapping and architecture discussions
- Pair program with talented, ambitious engineers within a highly-collaborative team
- Collaborate with the team which includes our product manager and product designer to deliver a low/medium-sized project
At three months, you’ll be fully ramped!
- Lead a complex project from inception to deployment that will immediately provide value to our users
- Identify, evaluate, and define improvements to the existing infrastructure and product
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Familiarity with building applications using our backend tech stack (Go, AWS, Kubernetes, SQL, NodeJS)
- You pride yourself on being able to identify and address issues before they become problems, and are skilled at finding signals in the noise
- After each interaction with you, you have efficiently transferred information and we definitely understand your insights, plans, and thoughts
If this sounds like an amazing opportunity for you, apply now, and let’s shape the future of people analytics together!