As a member of the Strategic Events team, you will support a variety of physical, virtual and hybrid customer-facing marketing events. You will partner with the Strategic Events team to create roadmaps, project plans, define requirements, resolve critical project issues, and hold cross-functional teams accountable for deliveries against deadlines. You will build critical relationships and responsibilities outside the team, including working with other delivery teams, business partners and stakeholders. This requires a deep understanding of our business, team objectives, and event goals.
This role will report to the Director of Global Strategic Events and can be based out of our Austin, or New York City office or remotely in the North America region.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Experienced: 3-5+ years in project management, ideally in the B2B SaaS ecosystem
- Knowledgeable (3+ years’ experience) with virtual event platforms and/or event registration systems
- A self-starter who manages their time efficiently across multiple projects
- Resourceful and a strong team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize, pivot, and problem-solve
- Able to keep projects “on the rails” and coordinate with various stakeholders to keep projects on schedule
- Able to anticipate potential roadblocks and troubleshoot in advance
- Highly accountable
- Experienced in supporting a variety of marketing and comms deliverables, including email marketing, digital, social, and integrated campaigns from brief development to delivery
- Is metrics-driven in their approach to success and can show ROI through careful results tracking
- Detail-oriented, team-oriented and knows how to prioritize effectively
- A strong communicator. Great follow-through, clear and direct verbal and written communicator, and extremely organized
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting aggressive deadlines
- Eager to take on new challenges, grow, and learn
- Good-humored and positive; a can-do attitude and “own what you do” mentality is required
- Willing and able to travel approx. 15% (domestic & global)
- Understand the goals and objectives of the event programs you support and align deliverables to meet those goals
- Primary communicator and link between stakeholders and the team, including managing expectations for deliverables
- Manage capacity planning process and calendar and support the Strategic Event team to ensure flawless execution of projects on time
- Lead project-specific planning meetings
- Effectively communicate status, changes, and dependencies to applicable stakeholders throughout the planning process for multiple programs simultaneously
- Own relationship with Marketing Ops to develop metrics, monitor lead flow plans, data analysis, event follow-up, and results reporting for all Strategic Events (first- and third-party); set up processes to effectively measure event outcomes and optimize for future events
- Develop detailed messaging and project briefs
- Build project documentation and trackers and make recommendations to optimize process from project to project
- Responsible for effective provisioning, configuration, operation, and maintenance of virtual event platforms and event registration systems
- Develop and manage registration tracking documentation and oversee registration forecasting and progression against goals
- PMP or CPM Preferred
- Familiarity with project management software like Wrike, JIRA
- Knowledge of virtual event and registration platforms like CVENT, Swapcard, Socio/Cisco, Hopin, Splashthat
- Comfort working in the Google Suite and leveraging Drive, Sheets, Docs, Forms, etc.
- Exceptional cross-organization/cross-functional project management and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data insights tools like Tableau and Salesforce
- Strong ability to manage cross-functional stakeholding team members with different personalities, based around the world
- Strong meeting management skills
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.