We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see a fantastic set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 290 people in over 31 countries globally. DECA has been profitable since our inception in 2016. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We think that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world in the CET timezone (9 am – 6 pm CET).
About the role
We are looking for a Technical Artist to work at DECA studios and to assist with the implementation/optimization of art assets and collaborating with other Art Team members on identifying and resolving any technical challenges regarding our art pipeline.
- Assist with the implementation of art assets in game engines and other software tools.
- Assist with the optimization of current art pipelines.
- Test and troubleshoot art-related issues.
- Maintain documentation for art and technical processes.
- Collaborate with other team members to identify and resolve technical challenges.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Basic knowledge of game engines and scripting.
- Knowledge of modeling programs such as 3DSMAX, Maya, Blender, and Zbrush, and texture/material authoring tools such as Photoshop and Substance.
- Understanding of game asset creation and optimization for real-time engines.
- Ability to understand and implement basic game mechanics, such as character animations, particle effects, and lighting.
- Basic knowledge of UI, and systems to implement it
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to debug technical issues.
- Pro-active ownership of tasks and timely delivery
- Willingness to adapt and learn
- Ability to take feedback and make changes as required.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 31 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.