Interested in joining a culture that celebrates diversity, encourages curiosity, and creates with purpose? Are you the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges? Confident that you’re at the top of your game and ready to invent with others who are at the top of theirs? Check out our open position and let’s talk.
Who We Are Seeking
The Human Resources Coordinator plays a critical role in day-to-day operations at Left Field Labs to help ensure an engaging and rewarding team member experience. As such, this role encompasses a wide range of activities with a specific emphasis on the on-boarding and off-boarding process, payroll support, serving as a point of contact for HR policy questions and executing on all tasks related to HR compliance. Strong in communication, personability, and agility is balanced with maintaining compliance, effectiveness, and confidentiality while supporting different groups, departments, and team members.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a point of contact to team members to answer questions and help navigate all aspects of HR
- Serve as the liaison between our PEO partner and LFL on payroll, compliance, and other administrative HR requirements
- Lead payroll administration process, track time off, conduct sick leave and other HR related audits and reporting.
- Tracking and reporting of various HR administrative tasks: payroll adjustments, temporary employee assignments, required training
- Assist with day-to-day onboarding and offboarding activities, including pre-hire employee communication, systems administration, orientation, and documentation
- Remain up to date on local employment legislation and compliance
- Model and reinforce LFL’s cultural values
- Maintain records according to federal and state requirements
- Assist with Company events and other communication materials as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- 1-2 years of Human Resources experience, ideally in a fast-paced, creative, technology, or start-up environment that operates fully-remote.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or HR Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of current employment law and compliance requirements; multi-state experience preferred, but not required
- Experience administering benefits and leaves of absence
- Ability to develop and manage processes and utilize analytical thinking skills to solve problems
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality with discretion
- Exceptionally well-organized, detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize work to ensure timely, effective, and efficient delivery of services or projects
- Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact proactively with employees and leadership at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Interest in supporting DEI efforts and commitment to being an ally for women, veterans, LGBTQ+, the BIPOC community, etc.
The salary range for this role is $35,000-$90,000. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Culver City, California. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.