We’re looking for a top-of-the-range Website Designer to join our Website Building team, creating awesome websites for our business customers from all types of industries.
The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of website design and functionality, as well as experience working with different platforms such as Wix, Squarespace, Weebly, WordPress or other similar.
- Create visually appealing and functional websites on the UENI platform using our bespoke in-house tools, based on client requirements and specifications, from understanding the customer’s business and vision for their website; to designing the layout, selecting & manipulating imagery; to writing & embellishing descriptions for the business’s services and products.
- Customize the websites to meet the client’s branding and design needs.
- Optimize website pages for search engines (SEO) and ensure that websites are mobile-friendly.
- Adhere to and improve upon the UENI processes to ensure efficiency and short turnaround time for delivering customer websites. UENI’s USP is that we provide a done-for-you solution that is affordable for the customer, available in just a few days, and very easy for the customer to edit and maintain. For this reason, UENI has developed its own tools within our CMS and processes to enable for efficiency and scale (eg this is not a standard website building process).
- Collaborate with clients, designers, and developers to ensure that websites are delivered on time and meet project objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any technical issues related to the website.
- Proven experience in creating websites using DIY website builders, such as Wix, Squarespace, Weebly, or other similar platforms and/or WordPress and other mainstream platforms.
- Strong knowledge of website design principles, including typography, color theory, information architecture, and layout.
- Experience with SEO optimization and website analytics tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to understand many different businesses and appreciation for what the various different categories and industries of this sector require.
- Ability to know what looks great on desktop and mobile screens, and understand how visitors to websites interact with on-screen content.
- Ability to quickly discern grammatical errors, image mismatches, and other bad categorical content related issues.
- Ability to learn quickly – many in-house tools bespoke tools to navigate through.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for website design and a proven track record of creating visually stunning and functional websites using DIY website builders, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.