Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 93 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you’re an athlete, and Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day!
Strava is looking to add a Senior iOS Engineer to our Feed & Search team! The Feed & Search team is focused on developing a personalized Home Feed experience that helps athletes discover and engage with the best of what Strava has to offer. We are also responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure that supports all Strava feeds and athlete search. The team currently has 10 engineers that specialize in iOS, Android, Web, and Backend development. We work closely with cross functional partners to create a Feed & Search experience that drives engagement and discovery for our athletes and growth for the business.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Work with a team of engineers, designers, product managers, and analysts building compelling new experiences to attract and engage new users to Strava and all users to a Strava Subscription.
- Help defines the future of the iOS app at Strava.
- Directly impact the experience of tens of millions of athletes.
You will be successful here by:
- Excelling at user-centric product development.
- Building beautiful, smooth, delightful mobile experiences.
- Mentoring other engineers and providing technical leadership to the team through forums like tech talks.
- Using your in-depth knowledge of all things iOS to help drive technical conversations with peers from different backgrounds, across different teams.
We’re excited about you because you:
- Have experience building iOS applications in a production environment using Swift.
- Stay up to date and experiment with the latest iOS technologies.
- Have a product-focused mindset. Our team works together to deliver projects that use technology to solve real business problems.
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels ?” from networking up to user interfaces and everything in between.
- Have experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques.
- Can collaborate with iOS, Android, and Server engineers in order to ship features.
We’d love to talk to you about the future of Strava’s core technologies and your role in developing them. For more on Strava’s engineering team check out the Engineering Blog. It covers a wide range of topics, from how we rebuilt our leaderboard systems to personal perspectives on what it’s like to be an engineer at Strava.