Hopin is in a unique position to play a role in the next decade of customer engagement, offering our customers an innovative suite of best-in-class video interaction and community experience products. Through our suite of audience engagement tools you can create community experiences.
About the team
The People team takes a people first approach and aims to attract, onboard, engage, develop and retain our global talent. Our team includes People Analytics, Internal Communications, IT, People Operations, People Partnering and Recruiting. Our focus for this year is to maintain and finetune programs, policies and tools we’ve put in place to support candidates and employees at all stages.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a People Operations Associate to oversee all operational functions of our People & Culture team, and provide support to our employees, in the EMEA Region.
The main responsibilities include enabling an amazing onboarding experience, creating and implementing new company policies and maintaining internal HR systems, the People metrics and coordinate with the responsible team to include them in the company dashboard. To be successful in this role, you should have a passion for people and culture, interest in operations, metrics along with relevant work experience in a fast-paced startup.
Ultimately, you will ensure our People initiatives are cost-effective, run smoothly and contribute to a healthy work environment.
How you’ll make an impact
- Track the OKRs defined for the people team and track progress
- Monitor internal HR systems and databases, ensure they are efficient
- Review budgets and suggest improvements and cost-efficiency
- Design and implement company policies
- Benefits management: current benefits as well as research and propose new ones following industry trends
- Compiling and updating employee records in our HRIS
- Maintain the HR Management system up to date
- Act as a consultant to managers and staff regarding policies and procedures
- Create detailed reports on HR costs
- Recommend new software to address personnel needs, like performance review tools
- Work closely with the G&A teams to improve the Culture at Hopin.
- Owner of the Onboarding for the EMEA/APAC region, defining new programs and improve existing ones to make sure our new joiners feel welcomed
- Handle Welcome package logistics for the New Joiners (onboarding emails and scheduling).
- Address employees’ queries (e.g. on onboarding, HRIS and ATS, amongst others)
Who you are:
- Proven work experience in Operations, ideally within HR +2 years
- Good knowledge of labor laws and payroll
- Previous experience with UK benefits
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems
- Ability to develop clear and fair company policies
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Understanding of startups and tools like Slack, ATS, HRIS, and other tools
- Team player who can work cross functionally across multiple departments
- Passionate about technology
- Previous startup experience a plus, specially in SaaS
- Excellent presentation and public speaking abilities
- Great problem-solving abilities – assess all options before making a decision
- Exceptional organization skills – you’re used to juggling multiple priorities
- Has a “can do” attitude
- Can work at a fast-paced environment
- We are currently a remote team and are open to remote applications from all over the world. However, for this particular role we are looking for someone based in the UK
- Previous experience with Workday is helpful!
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- $1000 USD for Home-Office Set up
- $100 USD monthly remote work stipend
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
A little about us
We would love for you to try each of the platforms yourself, but for now, here’s a high level description of how each of the Hopin products work together as an ecosystem:
- Hopin Events – great for your larger multi-track events, conferences, trade shows, networking, sponsor booths, and robust registration capabilities.
- Session – great for your interactive large and small webinars, team all hands, meetings, AMAs, and workshops.
- StreamYard – great for creating professional live streams, multistreaming, recording video content, podcasts, and streaming webinars..
- Streamable – great for uploading, editing, and sharing your videos easily online.
Where and How We Hire
Being a remote company enables us to hire the best talent from selected locations around the world. We can engage with you in any of our jurisdictions listed below, all you need to do is demonstrate the legal right to work and be physically present in that country. Some roles may have specific workforce location requirements which will be noted on the job description.
- Entity: Canada, UK, USA, Ireland
- Employer of Record: India, Portugal, Spain
- Full Time Contractor (Self Employed): Argentina, Honduras, U.A.E., Uruguay
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.