The Web/Ux Sr. Specialist is responsible for owning the entire UX process including user research, wireframing, prototyping, usability testing, and final UI design for the General Assembly website. This individual can confidently justify design decisions based on research and a thorough understanding of user-centered design methodologies and best practices.
This role is part of a performance marketing team. This individual will also contribute to team feedback sessions, process improvements, and evangelizing UX across the company. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong independent problem-solving skills and self-direction while fostering collaboration inside and outside the team.
- Lead the management of websites to build engagement with prospects, students and alumni to deliver against business objectives
- Ensure that our website attracts, informs, and enables customers across segments to accomplish their goals and support business objectives
- Establish research objectives, strategy, methods, and expected outcomes
- Conduct and coordinate usability studies including interviews, usability testing, a/b tests card sorting, tree testing, and other research
- Review and analyze behavioral website metrics
- Lead management of web enhancements requests, working closely with the Webex team and website authors
- Synthesize data and findings into succinct reports and focused points of view that inspire and inform design and business decisions
- Create actionable design documentation such as personas and journey maps to clearly communicate our users’ needs with stakeholders and the company at large
- Facilitate collaboration workshops with stakeholders such as design studios
- Create user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to test and iterate on the best possible solution
- Create final UI designs and design specifications to clearly communicate design recommendations to stakeholders and engineers
- Collaborate closely with Google Analytics team and broader Webex & Data teams to optimize tracking
- Conducts design quality assurance testing to ensure the final product matches design specifications
- Maintain design system and experience design standards to ensure consistency across the product ecosystem
- Actively participate in the cross-functional agile team ceremonies, collaborating with product managers and engineers to build the right products and features for users and the business
- Experience working with stakeholders to uncover research goals and requirements
- Demonstrated skill in planning and conducting usability testing and user interviews
- Working knowledge of other qualitative research methods, including heuristic evaluations, card sorting, tree testing, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to collect and analyze study findings, present results, and make recommendations based on data
- Ability to understand and articulate the underlying causes for usability issues
- Ability to adapt processes and deliverables when necessary to meet project needs
- Passion for understanding users’ behaviors and sharing that knowledge with your team and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of usability and UI best practices
- Working knowledge of W3C accessibility guidelines
- Functional knowledge of conversion rate optimization best practices
- Experience working with analytics platforms such as Google Analytics
- Functional understanding of A/B testing best practices
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to make detailed information understandable
- Experience interacting with technical teams and handing off design deliverables
- Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Mural, and InVision
- A knack for juggling several projects, managing time efficiently, and prioritizing appropriately
- 4-8 years of experience conducting user research and designing interfaces based on usability best practices
- Experience working on a marketing website and collaborating with Acquisition Marketing stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics or other web analytics programs
- Familiarity with the Agile software development process
- Experience with Project Management
- Experience in mentoring Junior researchers/designers
The anticipated annualized salary range for this position in the US market is $89,500 and $110,000. Salary will be determined based on experience, education, geographic location, and other factors. If hired as a regular full-time employee, this position will include a variable compensation plan which could be a bonus or a commission. US benefit offerings for full-time employment may include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits, wellness plans & reimbursement and retirement programs. Available paid leave may include paid time off, parental leave and holiday pay.
The salary range published in this job posting is for US based locations only. Non-US based candidates interested in this position can email email@example.com for country specific pay range details and benefits offered.
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.