We’re looking for a qualified Accountant for a three-month contract position.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Work with a sense of urgency to support the Financial Controller
- Create clearly documented SOPs for crypto, grant distributions and general financial processes
- Interact with outsourced accounting team to ensure proper close of books and identify areas of unusual activity
- Register and pay taxes for state and federal levels including filing all necessary forms to ensure compliance
- Manage day to day financial activities like bill pay, expense reimbursements and cash management.
What skills do you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree, 1-2+ years experience as an accountant at a high growth startup or Big 4 accounting firm
- Hyper organized with extreme attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to understand and explain contract terminology
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts (revenue recognition, depreciation, intangible assets, capitalization)
- Strong time and project management skills
- Able to work in a flexible manner across time zones and business teams
- Experience in web3 is a plus but not required. Should have Interest in Web3
What you’ll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we’ve got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career