Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
When a merchant chooses Shopify Point-of-Sale to power their retail business, it’s the Retail Supply Chain team who ensures that our hardware products are in the right place at the right time, all the time. We are responsible for the demand planning, procurement, supply planning, logistics, inventory management, and order management for all retail hardware products available to Shopify merchants globally.
We are looking for a Project Manager for the RSC team to optimize our global logistics and supply chain operations! The successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of global operations and supply chain processes and be able to identify inefficiencies and work cross functionally to automate and streamline processes, leading operational initiatives and transformative projects alike.
- Working with leadership to determine the priority of projects based on the needs of the team, business, as well as the Retail team at-large
- Championing projects from start to finish. Aligning with stakeholders and gaining resources needed to execute high-impact projects
- Working closely with the various functions within the Retail Supply Chain team to determine inefficiencies, and create an action plan to improve these processes
- Identify new problems and opportunities, and work to create scalable solutions
- Working with 3rd Party partners (warehouses, freight forwarders, vendors) to ensure they’re able to execute on our ambitious goals. Sourcing new partners to manage the growth of our supply chain network
- Bringing overall alignment and direction within the Retail Supply Chain team to reduce the amount of manual processes and unnecessary complexities
- Supply chain experience and a keen interest in supply chain procedures and practices.
- Strong business sense and the ability to gather context quickly, connect the dots between strategic business goals and program objectives, and highlight new opportunities for future scale.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to ensure a proper understanding of the issue/outcome of a project.
- The ability to motivate, align contributors and remove roadblocks to ensure projects are moving forward.
- Knowledge of compliant international logistics procedures and cross-border documentation is an asset.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, changing and highly-collaborative environment.
- On occasion, ability to travel domestically or internationally.