Both our open-source community and our premium products are growing fast (x2 YoY). We need talented people to keep that going!
We have found market fit but we increasingly don’t have the tools (in the broad sense) necessary to keep up with the requests from our users. Up to recently, the founders of MUI were the only ones to work on business operations. There is now a tiny team of two people working to support the operations needs. But this isn’t enough, the department is increasingly a bottleneck in growing the company. We are looking for a Head of Operations to take ownership of designing, implementing, and overseeing most of the business operations to support MUI’s growth.
Why this is interesting
Our approach to business operations is centered around operational excellence. It involves relying on automation and writing custom code where necessary. We are even building a product dedicated to improving internal tools for companies: https://mui.com/toolpad/ which we increasingly rely on internally. You will likely use it a lot to improve processes.
Our products empower React developers to build awesome applications faster – we see millions of developers on MUI’s docs every year, one million a month.
About the role
What you’ll do on a day-to-day basis
Depending on the day, you’ll:
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the company, including finance, IT, support, and legal.
- Lead and manage the operations team, including recruiting, training, and developing team members.
- Build and develop KPI dashboards (writing code if necessary) to be able to measure business health and performance.
- Work on keeping the financial model up to date and on accurate forecasts.
- Figuring out what to work on: working with the CEO and other leadership team members to identify and prioritize key initiatives and projects.
- Support the CEO for investor relations and fundraising.
- Implement a replacement to Google Group to scale email notifications (we use emails for the tasks of the ops team).
- Work toward SOC 2 certification.
- Migrate from Sendinblue to SendGrid.
- Oversee our US flip.
- Develop and implement strategies to support the growth and success of the company
Skills you should have
- Obsessive over the details, aiming for inbox zero.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- A high sense of curiosity, enjoying self-learning to get things done. You are versatile.
- Excited about the ambiguity of an entrepreneurial, growing company, and able to juggle many projects and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. computer science, business management).
- 1+ year of experience in a similar role.
What would be nice if you had, but isn’t required
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
Benefits & Compensation
Competitive compensation depending on the profile and location. We are ready to pay top market rates for a person that can clearly exceed the role’s expectations. You can find the other perks & benefits on the careers page.