Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever. To create the best experience for our new hire (you?!), this role does require that you are based within UTC -8 to UTC+3 time zones.
We are looking for a hands-on Corporate Accountant to help us carry out our day-to-day accounting activities and monthly reporting process, as well as owning the ERP activities. You will play a key part in Oyster’s finance function, developing and improving our financial processes from day 1.
You will be working in our Finance Team, specifically the accounting team, a dynamic group of hardworking and collaborate individuals who are responsible for the overall day to day accounting and financial reporting function at Oyster.
What you’ll do…
- Assisting in the month and year-end financial close process, including reconciliations, checks and flux analysis
- Preparing and posting routine journal entries
- Leveraging your accounting skills and experience to ensure our ERP data is expertly maintained
- Owning bank recs for multiple subsidiaries and bank accounts
- Taking ownership of local subsidiaries and reconciling with local accounting records monthly
- Taking initiative to identify and implement process improvements
What we’re looking for
- You have 1 year of full cycle accounting experience
- First class attention to detail and reasoning; you are very organized with a proven work ethic
- You continually seek process improvement and can leverage systems, software, and automation tools to achieve this
- Intermediate excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups etc.)
- Comfortable with a high pace work environment juggling multiple and shifting priorities
- [BONUS] Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP tool
- [BONUS] Proficient in Google Suite of products (Gmail, Google Doc, Google Sheets)
- [BONUS] Accounting or accounting-equivalent qualification (eg. ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
You’ll also need…
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language skills
🦪 How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. 🙌 We build trust. 🤝 We thrive together. 🌍
Our mission is to create a more equal world—one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission—and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work—and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ —to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
💌 How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you’re authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: $3000 stipend to spend on your laptop and any other equipment you need for your home office; we’ll get you up and running in no time!
✨ The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.