At Veyl Ventures we prioritize people, pets and the planet. We partner with the very best in the health and wellness industry to bring innovative and sustainably-minded products to life. Our team of over one hundred employees spans the globe bringing unique perspectives to the table and has proven time and again it can break new ground all while efficiently scaling brands and ensuring accelerated success.
Come join our growing Finance Team at Veyl Ventures, as we focus on our ability to successfully scale our capabilities to support our company’s continued growth! We are seeking an experienced and strong Sr. Accounting Manager to help manage and stabilize our rapid growth rooted in performance online advertising. This position will report directly to the Controller and will be responsible for keeping the finance department organized and running efficiently. The Sr, Accounting Manager ensures efficient and accurate recording and reconciling of financial transactions. He or she will be responsible for entering daily transactions, reconciling source documents to transactions, reconciling accounts, and providing analytical support for the finance department. This role is entirely
remote but will require daily communication with the finance team and the rest of the organization. In-person meetings may be required from time to time, and travel expenses will be covered.
- Play a critical role in designing and operating month-end close processes
- Work smarter through automation, software implementation, and other efficiency objectives
- Participation in transformational initiatives such as ERP system implementation
- Design and prepare month-end balance sheet reconciliations for prepaid expenses, accrued liabilities/expenses, inventory and deferred revenue
- Reconcile D2C revenue to cash
- Prepare and review journal entries
- Assist with bi-monthly payroll processing
- Assist with the operations of the company when needed
- Support the Controller with production of consolidated monthly financial statements, tie out and flux analysis
- Prepare and assist with tax filings for W2s/1099s and sales tax
- 10+ years accounting experience in CPG or Retail space.
- Accounting degree and certification (CPA or working towards CPA a plus)
- Growth mindset and desire to constantly improve through daily habits and iterations
- Very detail-oriented and high information accuracy rate
- Be intellectually curious and initiate new ideas and processes
- Flexible and able to pivot in a fast-paced environment where prioritization is critical to achieving work-life balance
- Experience with Netsuite experience and/or ERP implementation a plus
- Experience in consumer products, both D2C and B2B
- Excellent communication skills and ability to simplify complex ideas for greater understanding
- Love of standard operating procedures and a well thought out process
- High competency (intermediate-advanced) skills in Excel (BI and programming experience a plus)
- Daily communication via Zoom, Slack, and phone around office hours
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO and paid holidays
- Summer Fridays – We provide downtime the first Friday in July, August and September
- Paid Volunteer Time Off to connect with your community
- Company- sponsored wellness programs
- 100% remote opportunities
- Company-sponsored health insurance and 401k
- Free products upon hiring and employee discounts for all of our brands
Veyl Ventures is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer!
At Veyl we strive to have a team of professionals that reflects the diversity of our customers. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe diversity and inclusion is the cornerstone of any successful company and seek to recruit the best and brightest from a wide array of backgrounds. If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to talk to you!