If your dream role is joining an organization that prioritizes its people, you’re in luck. The People Ops team at OpenZeppelin is a small and mighty team, responsible for supporting the incredible people who help us live out our mission to protect the open economy.
We set up systems to help make everyone’s lives at work easier, more efficient and fun all while building incredible relationships along the way.
Our work is dynamic, collaborative and supportive and on our team you’ll interact with everyone: from C-level company leadership to interns to external stakeholders and everyone in between.
We hire go-getters who are comfortable taking initiative, talking to anyone, and thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
We work to solve the problem of how we can grow & scale our processes and team, while keeping the feel of our close-knit culture. If you love problem solving, keeping people in the know through stellar documentation and transparent conversation, and have a thirst for learning about blockchain, you’ll make a great fit here on the People Ops team.
What you’ll be doing
- Everyday your priority will be our people. They will come to trust you and a big part of your role will be building relationships and addressing the needs of the team. Because of this, you’ll be the go-to person to answer questions related to payroll, growth and development, documentation, HR systems, etc for our incredible team of 90+ people
- You will play a key role in onboarding new employees by working with our hiring managers, finance and legal teams to create offers in our HRIS systems, run background checks and manage contracts as people join and grow within the organization
- You will coordinate with the finance team for expense and payroll review, approval and execution
- You will sprinkle magic across the organization, creating memorable experiences by being the person to prioritize recognition & engagement- coming up with creative ways to recognize the team when they live our core values, bringing fun ideas to foster engagement and sending out gifts for holidays & birthdays
- You will take initiative and create written plans for how we can support a team of 200+ people, bringing your experience and expertise into your daily work.
- You will manage our handbook workspace in Notion, holding the team accountable for documentation and update process
- You’ll work directly with the Head of People and People Ops Analyst to take on projects that support our mission
- An interest in blockchain more than just investing in it. Maybe you’ve taken a solidity course, participated in a community forum or attended a blockchain event (bonus points if you’ve worked with a blockchain company before). Either way, you’re hungry to learn more about how blockchain is going to change the way the world does business (and beyond).
- Systems are your jam. You have experience with HRIS and payroll systems (bonus points for Rippling, Deel, Greenhouse & Notion)
- You love building relationships, can talk to anyone and have a high EQ & knack for reading in between the lines
- You’ve been doing this for a while and have 5+ years of experience working and supporting growing organizations (bonus points for time at startups of ~100+ people)
- You’re looking to join a company that wants to support your growth within your role and sees you here for a long time on day 1
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Fully remote: your way of working 🌎
- Paid parental leave & benefits for primary or second caregiver 💙
- Team events: onboarding tour & company retreats in different locations around the world 😎
- Work from home office equipment stipend of up to $500 USD 🪑
- Monthly allowance for wellness activities 💪
- Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice 👩💻
- Learning: technical training; spoken language lessons in any language of your choice (using Italki) 🗣
- Working with a global team in a fast-growing industry 🚀
At OpenZeppelin, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value different perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. This includes but is not limited to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. In this uniqueness, we find the most value. Come join us!