At Games for a living we develop exciting AAA blockchain games, as well as tools to help gamers and game developers benefit from crypto. We are looking for a Backend Engineer with experience in Web3 framework to help us build the next generation of Web3-based applications and products.
In this role, you will be responsible for the full product life-cycle of our upcoming crypto games and infrastructure, from development to launch and beyond. You will also be working on our 3rd party platform for developers, which will be a key piece of our technology stack.
We are a fast-paced and rapidly growing company, so we need someone who is able to work independently and take ownership of their projects. If you are a self-starter with a passion for blockchain technology and gaming, then we want to hear from you!
- Write code in Solidity.
- Rewrite and update code for our indexer.
- Ensure code follows latest coding practices and industry standards.
- Work closely with backend developers to understand and properly use the system’s APIs.
- Write both unit and integration tests, and develop automation tools for daily tasks.
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions.
- Own off-chain services that maintain on-chain systems on several chains.
- Design and implementation of microservices to gaming and financial systems and payment networks.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Analyse requirements, vendor APIs, and translate into application designs.
- Implementation of security and data protection systems.
- Build applications according to the design and provide designers with feedback and suggest tradeoffs when required.
- Distributed networks: Blockchain; Consensus models or Rust or any Smart Contract programming language.
- 6+ years coding experience, experience with Solidity. Experience with GoLang will be nice to have.
- You have a working understanding of blockchains and smart contracts, and a birds-eye view of the state of L1 tech.
- You have familiarity with applied cryptography (merkle trees, ecdsa, etc)
- You have strong opinions on system design and code cleanliness.
- Experience developing technologically complicated products for untrained end-users.
- You are passionate about blockchain, have used DeFi dApps and believe in the opportunity of blockchains to change how the financial and gaming worlds are working today.
- You thrive in a startup environment and feel best working in a small, cross-functional team where you can roll up your sleeves and be hands-on.
- You have an interest in working in a self-organising environment and bring creativity to start your own initiatives within the EVM ecosystem.
- 25 days of paid holiday.
- Start-up atmosphere with free coffee & fruit, social events and cool office facilities.
- Front-row seat in the development of a Web3 future.
- Innovation-driven work environment.
- Work hands on with an outstanding team of video game professionals.