We believe that in 2023 even low-level internet protocols need clear visual communication and easy-to-use tooling. We are looking for a creative leader who can talk to developers and is interested in designing best product experiences for the new generation of developer tools. Fluence today is a set of technologies and brands, and tomorrow we will add a plenty of Web products: network explorer, node management panels, hosting marketplace, visual code editors, token wallets, etc.
What you will do:
- Work with product and engineering teams to define long-term strategy and short-term tactics for a broad range of products and experiences
- Craft/design world-class UX/UI for developer-facing tools and apps
- Create marketing, educational, and media assets
- Translate abstract ideas around user experiences into crisp visual components that can be implemented by engineering team
- Collaborate with cross-functional team leads to deeply understand the project, lead design projects, and ensure their successful execution
- Coach and manage the design team (you’ll be the first hire and will have the ability to add new members)
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of UX/UI and graphic design experience
- Have experience with product design for large-scale web applications, ideally from scratch
- Are always seeking for perfection and extremely detail-oriented
- Enjoy designing with Figma
- Have good communication and presentation skills
- Software engineering experience
- Designing developer or cloud tools experience
- Basic understanding of Web 3
About Fluence Labs
At Fluence Labs, we are working on new decentralized network protocols to make the internet more open and secure. We believe that open source and open protocols enable better technology for the future of humanity.
Fluence Labs is a distributed team of engineers residing across the US, Asia, and Europe. Our culture is remote-first, self-managed, and we value transparent decision making and an open source ethos.
Our primary project is Fluence, a decentralized serverless platform & computing marketplace powered by blockchain economics. Fluence is a global, permissionless, scalable, and secure alternative to centralized cloud computing platforms. Using Fluence, developers build and deploy applications to a network of compute providers, who compete on price and performance and, to be paid and earn rewards, they constantly prove that they are serving applications.
We are looking for new great additions to the Fluence Labs core team. We would like to speak to people who are interested in decentralized technology, empathetic, humble, passionate about their work, and strive for excellence. We expect that candidates are experts in their field, keep up to date with recent developments, and are excellent communicators, both in oral and written form.
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Remote-first, work from home or use a co-working space of your choice
- Friendly startup environment: no bureaucracy or time tracking
- We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive