The Senior Product Designer – Application Observability (Application Monitoring), you’ll work with a cross-functional team to build a world-class developer experience for Grafana.
We are seeking an Product Designer knowledgeable on the domain of Application Monitoring to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and creating intuitive, user-friendly interfaces for our application monitoring software, which allows our customers to monitor and manage the performance and availability of their applications. The product you will be working on enables IT teams to proactively identify and resolve issues, optimize application performance, and ensure a positive user experience.
As a Product Designer at Grafana Labs, you will:
- Own the end-to-end design process for Grafana’s Application Observability solutions
- Work with cross-functional colleagues in product management, engineering, technical writing, and go-to-market to iterate on user journeys and new product ideas/features
- Contribute to both exploratory research and usability testing
- Develop wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs that effectively communicate design concepts and ensure that the user experience meets customer needs
- Continuously improve the user experience of our application monitoring platform through data-driven design decisions
Who are we looking for
- 3+ years of experience in B2B product or UX design
- Experience working on complex solutions with highly technical customers and colleagues; we are especially interested in candidates with previous experience designing application monitoring tools
- A strong understanding of the holistic UX process and a user-centered approach to making design decisions – we are looking for someone who can own the entire UX process (research projects, user journeys, workflows, low-fidelity wireframes) for a specific area of the product.
- The ability to transform insights into ideas – you’re comfortable with an iterative approach to your work and can incorporate research and usability findings into designs
- A good understanding of web accessibility and experience designing solutions that follow accessibility standards
- The ability to effectively communicate design decisions to cross-functional teams
- Experience working independently in a remote environment – we are a design team of nearly 30 people working remotely on a product used by over 5 million users – the ability to work on your own and ship designs is crucial
- Experience designing developer tools or products (CLI tools and code integrations)
- Experience with open-source software and/or commercial open-source companies.
- Experience designing for technical users
- Experience with service design
If applying with a portfolio, we ask you to provide a portfolio that not only shows nice pictures, but shows use-cases that mention your actual process and concrete contribution to the respective projects.