Engineering managers are the key for team success and to bring and build the culture that defines us as an organisation. We are looking for a seasoned manager to lead our frontend tribe and build the customer facing side of our products and applications, leveraging our cutting-edge platform and drive the next generation of messagebird products that will change the way the customer engagement platforms work today.
You’ll be responsible for driving and delivering on the technical strategy and roadmap for our frontend team, creating and maintaining the team culture aligned with our principles and values, holding accountability on your team and empowering and enabling them to thrive.
To be successful at this role you need to be proactive and confident, self motivated and an owner. Comfortable in a fast-moving environment with lots of moving pieces, where you will quickly iterate through ideas, learn from them and make informed decisions for better products. We work together and collaborate in a world wide based team to deliver and meet and exceed our customers expectations.
Our product engineering squads have the freedom and authority to create impactful products to empower both our internal and external customers. We use an agile development methodology, meaning we deploy code multiple times per day while ensuring our applications are rigorously tested and statically analysed in a highly distributed and highly scalable environment.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team multiple front end engineers
- Work on challenging problems involving usability and scalability and enjoy helping your team members thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Principals and Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities that enable us to ship features and build reliable products.
- Build and hold relationships with all backend teams, as you are key for their success and you will be the point of contact for many different pieces of our platform and products
- Own availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Build high-performance, high-velocity squads, measuring and iterating on processes as we grow and setting goals and directions for teams and team members based on the company’s goals & objectives
What you’ll bring
- At least 5 years of relevant experience leading teams in a highly technical, multi-tenant and multi-region environment.
- Experience in React and frontend application development
- Strong track record of managing a team including hiring, onboarding, coaching, talent development & performance management.
- Experience contributing to produt strategy, setting project goals and managing stakeholders across the organisation.
- Experience dealing with high traffic applications (10M+ requests per day) is a must
- A strong product mindset and experience working in product-based companies.
- Knowledge of (cloud) infrastructure principles (load balancing, high availability, containerized services, database configurations, security) is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
What You’ll Gain
- Remote-friendly environment
- Generous stock options for all Birds
- Opportunity to work abroad according to our internal policies
- Flexible working arrangements
- Home office set-up budget
- State-of-the-art work gear
- Contribution towards your utility costs
- The occasional company-wide and team events
- Learn from hundreds of the best minds in the business
- Collaborate with diverse colleagues Our amazing team works in close to 40 different locations with almost 50+ nationalities across the board!