We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build and maintain Webflow’s internal Design System, Spring, which powers the design language and guidelines for UI components, icons, accessibility, content, and interactions across multiple Webflow applications. Our goal is to improve efficiency throughout our software development life cycle and provide consistency across our application , work that’s foundational to Webflow’s ability to scale products and systems to these millions of users across the globe. In this role, you’ll play a major role in building, improving, planning, and evangelizing Spring!
About the role
- Location: Remote-first (United States; BC & ON, Canada)
- Full-time / part-time
- Exempt status
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $130,000 – $179,000 for most US locations and $144,000 – $198,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Productivity (Design Systems), you’ll
- Build and maintain Webflow’s internal design system and related entities, including (but not limited to): Component UI library, usage guidelines & documentation, icons, Storybook, and styling system
- Author and maintain UI components that are scalable, performant, accessible, and consistent
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the success and adoption of the design system
- Develop and execute strategies to migrate legacy systems to our modern systems, overcoming roadblocks as necessary
- Lead and participate in team discussions focused on design systems
- Solve problems in a highly technical platform that empowers hundreds of thousands of people
- Improve our planning, development, and deployment processes to help you and your fellow team members
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, at Webflow we will support you in identifying where your interests and development opportunities lie and we’ll help you incorporate them into your role.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Software Engineer, Productivity (Design Systems) if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience working as a FE/UI engineer and 1-2+ years experience with Design Systems
- Are proficient in advanced React and CSS patterns
- Have a proven track record of successfully launching and driving adoption of design systems
- Have experience working with a fast paced, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
- Are comfortable working cross-team to provide UI/UX suggestions and consistency across product areas
- Treat web accessibility as a top priority
- Enjoy discussing the details and driving solutions that improve the usability and quality of the system
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Research shows that you may still be considered for a role if you meet just half of the requirements.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Obsess over customer experience. We deeply understand what we’re building and who we’re building for and serving. We define the leading edge of what’s possible in our industry and deliver the future for our customers.
- Move with heartfelt urgency. We have a healthy relationship with impatience, channeling it thoughtfully to show up better and faster for our customers and for each other. Time is the most limited thing we have, and we make the most of every moment.
- Say the hard thing with care. Our best work often comes from intelligent debate, critique, and even difficult conversations. We speak our minds and don’t sugarcoat things and we do so with respect, maturity, and care.
- Make your mark. We seek out new and unique ways to create meaningful impact, and we champion the same from our colleagues. We work as a team to get the job done, and we go out of our way to celebrate and reward those going above and beyond for our customers and our teammates.
Benefits & wellness
- Equity ownership (RSUs) in a growing, privately-owned company
- 100% employer-paid healthcare, vision, and dental insurance coverage for employees and dependents (US; full-time Canadian workers working 30+ hours per week), as well as Health Savings Account/Health Reimbursement Account, dependent on insurance plan selection. Employees also have voluntary insurance options, such as life, disability, hospital protection, accident, and critical illness
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing caregivers, as well as an additional 6-8 weeks of pregnancy disability for birthing parents to be used before child bonding leave. Employees also have access to family planning care and reimbursement
- Flexible PTO with an mandatory annual minimum of 10 days paid time off, and sabbatical program
- Access to mental wellness coaching, therapy, and Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly stipends to support health and wellness, as well as smart work, and annual stipends to support professional growth
- Professional career coaching, internal learning & development programs
- 401k plan and financial wellness benefits, like CPA or financial advisor coverage
- Commuter benefits for in-office workers
Temporary employees are not eligible for paid holiday time off, accrued paid time off, paid leaves of absence, or company-sponsored perks.
Be you, with us
At Webflow, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.