We are looking for a dynamic, experienced individual to join our team and play an integral role within our Financial Crimes prevention function in Australia. You will be supporting the Regional Head of Compliance, managing the domestic financial crime matters and working closely with the Global Compliance Team along with key cross functional stakeholders to support a top-of-class Compliance program.
- Manage our AML/CTF and other relevant compliance programs in Australia, including:
- conduct customer due diligence (CDD), enhanced due diligence (EDD), and third-party due diligence as needed;
- scrutinise and test compliance programs, analyse findings, work with the Global Operations team to implement our risk-based approach and provide constructive feedbacks;
- ensure the proper review, resolution, escalation, and documentation of potentially suspicious activity per regulatory expectations;
- determine the suspicious nature of escalated activity and ensure timely and accurate filing of required regulatory reports (e.g. Suspicious Matter Reports); and
- review and investigate potential matches against sanctions and CFT lists and ensure proper procedures are followed as appropriate.
- Lead AML and CTF related examinations, audits and inspections from external parties, including regulators, and ensuring finds are remediated timely and appropriately
- Manage internal compliance operational controls, carry out independent reviews and examinations as required
- Conduct annual financial crime risk assessments and updates to the compliance program as appropriate
- Prepare management and board reporting that includes insights and analysis based on industry-leading knowledge of financial crime topics
- Stay up to date with any changes in regulatory requirements or guidelines
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role in AML, Fraud monitoring or investigations. CAMS certification is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the applicable contemporary practices in the field of Compliance, including but not limited to understanding of regulatory matters regarding AML/CTF legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Experience with transaction monitoring and e-kyc tools
- Familiarity with AUSTRAC SMR filing process
- Understanding of the financial services industry and the regulatory environment.
- A reasonable understanding of our business, technical, financial and organizational structure.
- Strong writing, presentation and verbal communication skill to liaise with people at all levels both inside and outside the Company.
- The ability to multi-task priorities, manage deadlines and pick up new ideas and concepts quickly.
- An interest in cryptocurrency and the fintech ecosytem
- An inquiring mind and methodical approach with high attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced computer literacy.
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire