Static Media’s site Tasting Table is looking for enthusiastic freelance original recipe developers to join our team. Ideal candidates have at least three years of experience creating original recipes for the web, including step-by-step instructions and photos similar to the recipe content we share on Tasting Table. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
About Tasting Table
Tasting Table is a one-stop shop for all food and drink enthusiasts. We bring you practical cooking tips and dining advice, must-try recipes you can trust, and all the top news from the food world. Whether you’re looking for the latest viral trends or the tried-and-true methods of your favorite chefs, there’s a place for you at Tasting Table — no reservations required.
Original Recipe Developer responsibilities:
- Create one original recipe per week, including ingredient lists, step-by-step instructions, prep time, and cook time. Recipe Developers will be provided with a wide variety of recipe topics to choose from. Recipe Developers may be given the option to create more than one recipe per week in the future, depending on Static Media needs.
- Purchase all needed ingredients (these items are not reimbursed)
- Provide studio-quality, step-by-step images, finished product images, and videos demonstrating the step-by-step process
- A Static Media ghostwriter will create article copy to accompany your recipe and images, meaning you will still get the byline for the article. This copy may include (but is not limited to) information about the recipe or ingredients, reasons for choosing particular ingredients, alternate cooking methods, or suggested ingredient swaps to fit certain dietary restrictions. Ghostwriters will reach out to recipe developers with questions before starting the writing process.
What we offer our recipe developers:
- Compensation: $175-$300 depending on the complexity of the recipe. Submissions must meet our requirements and be accepted in order to receive payment.
- Your byline on each recipe, linking to an author bio where you may include up to two linkouts (website and social media)
- Every article that contains your original recipe will also include one linkout of your choosing in the introduction. This linkout may be a link to the homepage of your website or one of your social channels.
- Recipes may be shared on our Instagram with your tag. We may promote your articles on our other social media platforms as well, which may include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flipboard.
Minimum three years of experience creating original recipes for the web, including step-by-step instructions and photos.
How to apply:
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- Links to three original recipes you’ve written, including original photos you took, relevant to the content we share on Tasting Table (attach these in a PDF or link to them in your cover letter)
Applications missing any of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.