Ding is the world’s leading universal top-up service. Founded in 2006, born from seeing something that wasn’t there. More than 80% of the world’s 5 billion mobile phones are now prepaid – and growing. We believe mobile phones can change lives and we want to improve people’s lives by helping those with less gain access to more.
Ding is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and has employees working across the world!
We are proud of our culturally diverse team of more than 200 employees, all with unique personalities who support our commitment to delivering cutting-edge, potentially life-changing technology to developed and emerging markets alike.
We’re always on the lookout for talented people who embody our core values:
- We are Customer Curious
- We are Thinkers, Linkers & Doers
- We Work Better Together
- We Seek Out that Spark
About this role:
As Global Business Development Manager (APAC) you will report into the Regional Director, ME & APAC In this senior role you’ll be responsible for winning new business and building out our partnership portfolio in the region. You’ll lead the end-to-end sales cycle from prospecting, opportunity development, onboarding, to closure and take ownership for achieving targets from identified accounts globally. You will have experience working in digital marketplaces and the OTT sphere, focusing on opening doors to key clients and platforms for Ding. We champion flexible working and for the right candidate we are open to them working from a remote location. This is a really exciting opportunity to make an impact in a growing, innovative international organization whilst making a true and tangible difference in our customers lives worldwide.
What we need you to do:
- P&L responsibility, including hitting (and exceeding!) your target quota monthly and annually
- Identify, develop, pursue, new business opportunities; managing negotiations to closure
- Liaise with a diverse set of functions (Payments, Growth, Risk & Fraud) within target organizations, including C-Level executives
- Build a robust pipeline of prospects and achieve targets by working closely with the global business development and operations team
What we are looking for:
- Prior responsibility closing and launching new business
- Proven experience in selling across e-commerce, digital media, gaming, rewards, bill payment, remittance or financial services industries
- Exposure to money transfer and financial institutions with an understanding of how they operate and knowledge of their online products and services
- Ability to build and implement strategic partnerships and enablement plans
- Proven ability to win new business and exceed targets
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization and managing different stakeholder relationships
- You have an active pipeline, with the ability to connect with potential partners from day one
- Experience with detailed contract negotiations and familiarity with the legal and regulatory requirements related to such
- Passionate about Ding’s vision with the skill to communicate this effectively through product demonstrations and representation at market events and trade shows
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to travel when required
Ding is committed to creating equal employment opportunities in the workplace. We know that experience looks different for everyone – if you believe your proven experience would suit this role and is what we are looking for we encourage you to apply.
Life at Ding:
At Ding, we are striving to grow and nurture a culture that is inclusive, global, and equitable but most of all fun!
Our aim is to build and run the safest, simplest, most effective and convenient top-up technology, in partnership with the best operators and platforms. Now more than ever we realise the importance of keeping in touch and here at Ding we believe a little goes a long way.